Giving kids toy guns / dollies and prams.

I dont think its a matter of forbidding them, kids have wild imaginations i understand that.....but producing guns as toys is encouraging them imo.

Wouldnt it be nice if children didnt even know what war was, let alone try and act it out. I dont think its natural for a child to act out war as a 'game'. Society is to blame for that.

lol...by war, I mean...he is killing the ghosts! He saw Ghost Busters the other day.

I wouldn't give my children a gun, or a sword, or anything along those lines. I don't condone violence in any way.

However, I would (and do) give my child a doll - and I will any other children I have, irrespective of gender. I think if we're talking giving them toy babies, and how that affects them, we should be talking oy toy toasters, kettles, cookers, washers, hoovers and play foods. Gender stereotyping is everywhere. We're trying to bring Tegan up to believe that gender has no boundries - its OK to be whatever you want, whether you're a boy or a girl - but toys are toys, imo.

I would give Ava dolls, prams etc. I see nothing wrong with it at all.
My sister (she was a tomboy) had guns etc & she has no lasting effects?
It's all a bit of fun IMO.

Speaking of toasters, Byron has a toy one that pops and yesterday he decided to make some toast. He picked up a little wooden lion [knife] and scraped it along his duplo box [butter dish] and spread it over the toast before eating it. We brought him one of his own plastic knives to play with and for maybe 20 minutes he made toast to eat and share with us. House role play is important for all kiddies. It is also supercute.

i really would like to think that's not directed at me? I don't think that these toys have a negative affect on kids, I certainly don't think giving a kid a toy gun will turn him into a serial killer or having a dolly will mean a little girl will become pregnant at 13. I was just interested in what people think for gods sake.

I wouldn't let my kids play with toy guns as I said in my op, I just don't like it.

Well you do like to start these threads that in my opinion, feel like you may have too much time on your hands or you just like to stir opinion

;)

Personally I don't see what harm NUKE has done she started a thread curious with what people thought and there opinions and also gave her own opinion which everyone is entitled to, but then turns into targeting her for startingthe thread. Can't everyine just have there own opinion without other shooting them down, excuse the pun

i really would like to think that's not directed at me? I don't think that these toys have a negative affect on kids, I certainly don't think giving a kid a toy gun will turn him into a serial killer or having a dolly will mean a little girl will become pregnant at 13. I was just interested in what people think for gods sake.

I wouldn't let my kids play with toy guns as I said in my op, I just don't like it.

Well you do like to start these threads that in my opinion, feel like you may have too much time on your hands or you just like to stir opinion

;)

Personally I don't see what harm NUKE has done she started a thread curious with what people thought and there opinions and also gave her own opinion which everyone is entitled to, but then turns into targeting her for startingthe thread. Can't everyine just have there own opinion without other shooting them down, excuse the pun

:shock: i don't even know where this post is from but I like Nuke starting lots of threads. They're interesting. :flower:

;)

LOL is someone lost in the DEBATES forum?

I haven't read through all the posts on here, sorry.

My son has toy guns etc.. and he plays army with them and talks about wanting to join the army when he is older, which I don't mind... I don't have the heart to tell him that might not be an option... (another story there) but I don't see much harm in toy guns. They've been around long enough. I don't own a real gun, and have no desire to, but as a child I played with toy cars and guns... I feel like Im okay :)

I have said that I would not be happy for Lachlan to have/play with realistic looking guns, but I am okay with things like water guns and 'futuristic' looking guns that light up and make laser noises. Also nerf guns would be okay in the right circumstances.

As for dollies and prams, what's the big deal :shrug: I LOVED my dollies and had a great pram, it was a layback one and I adored it. Even pushed the cat around the house in it and he sat quite happily thank you very much :rofl: Will be getting a doll or two for Lachlan too x

i agree, teaches nurturing! i love the fact they have done a sweetpea doll for boys- lil peanut!

i agree, teaches nurturing! i love the fact they have done a sweetpea doll for boys- lil peanut!

Wasn't sure what those were so I just googled them - I so want one for my little guy now! :cloud9: Oh and I told Tom that I would love to buy him a dollhouse, I have heard so many mummies say that little boys adore playing with dollhouses just as much as little girls...even if dinosaurs are the inhabitants rather than little people :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->