Giving up sweets

Cheshirista

Reaction score
I've got a massive sweet tooth, always have had, but recently I've got into the habit of eating chocolate and sweets every day. And not just a little bit. Normally in the form of an entire big bag of Minstrels or something.

I feel insecure if I don't have sweets in the house (like a proper addict haha!) and rush out to panic buy them.

Anyway, I'm worried that I won't be able to give this habit up when it comes to losing these baby pounds. Plus, it can't be good for my health or teeth. So, I'm going to attempt to give up sweets.

I've got a few Minstrels and some gummy sweets in the cupboard, going to eat those today and then kick the habit starting this weekend. It's going to be hard for a sugar junkie like me, but I reckon I can do it.

Anyone want to join me?

I could have written that post! I'm a big sweet eater - especially the big bags! I'm going to half join you! Going to stop buying sweets at work from today - that is when I am the worst!! Yesterday i had a big bag of pic n mix and 2 choc muffins!! I have always been slim, so more worried about too much sugar in the blood! Don't eat many sweets at home but am fond of biscuits! One thing at a time though! Good luck!

I'm the same - I'm naturally slim and have always been an exercise nut so could get away with it. But I feel like my sugar habit has got out of hand now, I need to put a stop to it.

I'll report back and let you know how I get on, you do the same x

Ha ha and me!! I always liked choc before but I'm mental for it at the moment. I ate half a pack of chocolate hobnobs and then another half a pack of them foxes double choc cookies yesterday. I keep telling myself I'll shift it afterwards but I'll have a go with you ladies x

Right, going to eat those last sweets now and then I'm turning over a new leaf.

I'M WITH YOU!!

After this morning, need servere sugar today, and plus got scan this afternoon so need bubba to be active, but yes.... i'm binning sweets!!

<3

That's it, all the sweets are gone. I feel a bit sick now.

I have to do that every so often. I gradually start eating more and more over time, until I have to put a stop to it. I'd definitely recommend getting some alternative snacks in to keep you going. Fruit is my saviour - I always buy some nice different types and make a big fruit salad I can snack on instead. It really helps the craving. Good luck!

Ohh glad to know I am not alone, yesterday after my lunch I had hot chocolate cookies from Dominoes and then after dinner last night I had bought a big bar of choclate in Aldi so I just ate that, felt so bad afterwards.

Love chocolate and would have normally restricted it to the weekends but now that I cant even get out walking anymore and the fact that I have really upped my sweet/choco intake and that also includes having bags of jellies in the house, bought 3 last weekend doing the shopping :blush: I just feel like its going to be so hard to give up after the baby and I will have a harder time getting back to my pre pregnancy weight especially as I am 34 soon and I know my body wont just bounce back!!!

Really want to try and give up as well but at the same time its like my little treat to myself and I am pregnant after all, what I would love to do is cut it out during the week and still be able to treat myself at the weekends otherwise I will just be thinking about it all the time!!!!!!

Let me know how you all are getting on!!!

I am like you too:). I have little bags of chocolate so I don't get tempted to eat a whole big bar. Same thing with candy. Try eat just one small piece after lunch and dinner. Have lots of fruit around the house and force yourself to eat it so your blood sugar won't got too low. And as after the baby I am planning on working out like a maniac if possible:). I am a fitness instructor so that makes it easier to get my workouts done with the class:). And I am still doing my classes although I feel more tired and my heart sometimes feels like is going pop out of my mouth! Breathing is getting more difficult too but I feel much better after doing it:). Are you being active? That will help with losing baby weight too:).
Baby wants sweets give him sweets:).

I am with all of you. Have always been a sweet addict and it never really bothered me until I got pregnant and I to worry about getting rid of the weight after :dohh:. Doesn't help that the BF doesn't touch anything like that :nope:. I have also falling in love with fizzy drinks almost a craving. Never been much of a fizzy drinker before, but now I could just drink it all day (i am good though and try to just stick to water). Glad we are all not alone :happydance::hugs::kiss:

I need to kick this habit too, was in Asda the other day and picked up 6 bars of chocolate and a bag of sweets, that was monday, they have now all gone! i cannot help myself, plus ill grab a chocy bar n a hot choc while im at work. Im soo tempted to take a lil stroll to the shops fora bag of gummy sweets but i shall resist hehe

You can take away my wine and my blue cheese but I'm keeping my chocolate :haha:

I've always liked chocolate but didn't need to eat it everyday until now! I know I am eating too much of it but I don't think I have the will power to give up :cry: I will worry about losing the baby weigh after the baby is here!

Also its so tempting now with the shops full of chocolates for xmas and
such good deals. I bought a tin of cadburys roses for £4.50 last week, not many left now :blush: Maybe i'll try and give up in January. . .

I wish all you ladies luck x

I have almost eaten every single sweet I had leftover at work! A suprising amount! Anyway...so far, so good in that I haven't bought any!!

I've just done the weekly shop and not bought any sweets or cakes. So there's now been nothing in the house for... 4 hours. That doesn't sound like much but I'd normally have a panic and run to the shop.

@Ashlee B - that wouldn't have lasted till the end of the day in my house - if it's there, it's getting eaten.

I know this thread is for kicking sweets and like I said above I am with you for trying to cut back/cut out sweets etc :thumbup: BUT this talk is making me want sweets even more :dohh::wacko:

So funny. I just had that same thought because I'm starting to be able to feel baby girl moving around and it seems like she might be hyper so it occurred to me that maybe I should quit. So logically I had pancakes for breakfast ;)

Misshopefull, I really like your thinking, maybe I will just try and cut down a little but still have my daily treats as I really do feel like I deserve them with working full time, being pregnant and doing a 3 hour commute on a train every day with my back in bits, so hell yea I deserve something good at the end of the day :happydance:

I will just try and not completely overdose every day :munch:

I hated sweets before pregnancy, hardly ever touched ice cream, cookies, pies, cakes, candy etc. I even hated chocolate ( with the exception of brownies) but the past 2 weeks, all I want is something sweet. I give in sometimes, but im afraid my ass will get all fat from it, so I try to stay away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->