Giving up

T

turbo_mom

Well I think I decided that I am not going to breastfeed anymore. Angelynn has had the bottle far longer than she has had the breast and it's just not working for us. I've tried different latching positions but she just gets so impatient and upset when she's not getting a good milk flow from my breast like she would from a bottle. I just don't think at this age that we will ever be able to exclusively breast feed without having to top her up afterwards.
I really wanted to have this experience but it's just frustrating both of us. I am still going to pump what I can for her because I would like her to have breastmilk.
I am sad but I think in the end it will be for the best because then she won't be getting upset and I won't be continually dissapointed and frustrated.. :cry:

Oh hun, that is a shame, but I totally understand how it would be hard on both of you. Oh well, I guess this just means you will have to cuddle her even more. :)

I'm sorry to hear that!

I think in Angelynn's and your situation, I also would try to avoid to make my baby upset whilst feeding!

I'm sorry you feel sad about it, but try to cheer yourself up by thinking that you have done all what you can do for her so far, especially as you kept being so strong!

hey hun,

how ever you feed your baby you are making sure you are both happy, dont be upset just see this as the best for both of you

h x

What is best for you both is important hun don't get down about it :hugs:

You guys have been through so much go with whats comfortable for you both and enjoy every minute with her x

Turbomom I know exactly how you feel.I stopped breast feeding for two weeks because I was just beyond frustrated. I took a break (let my nipples heal) and started breast feeding again just over a week ago.

I really think the decision is yours to make. Don't listen to anyone else because only you know what it is you go through and experience. It is not easy and I firmly believe that it is not for everyone. Some babies and moms are just better off with bottle feeds because both are calmer and happier.

A frustrated baby can be super stressful so don't feel sad hun, hold your head up. You are a great mom no matter what okay!! Do what works for YOU

Have you got a good Breastfeeding advisor to hand? They can make all the difference....

I don't want you to regret it in the long run, Breastfeeding is hard to get right, but once you get it right it's so rewarding....I'm so depressed because with Thomas's medical problems I have to exclusively express. He has DGE and reflux... he dropped sig' wait in the first week, had to have a bottle and he wouldn't have anything else after that....

Although sometimes too much bottle can make them want that more like mine, because it's basically easier. So you could just be hitting your head against a brick wall..... *hugs*

Of course exclusively breastmilk is the ideal, but at least you want to continue giving her some, and so the brilliant benefits of the milk will still be there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->