glasgow centre for reproductive medicine, cardonald glasgow.

We were at the Glasgow clinic :) which was empty for a change

My AMH was 5.7 last October it then got retested in Decemeber and had dropped to below 4 :(, I decided to give DHEA a bash and when the GCRM tested it had increased to 6.9, I dont know if its the DHEA or the better equipment but an increase is positive at least, we could do with some good news for a change :)

We have consents app tomorrow at 13:00 and then we have the doctors on Thursday to get our HIV, Hep B and C and rubella tests... I am hoping the NHS do them as well although I explained to the reception lady and she seemed confident that if i brought the list of tests that it should be fine.

Good luck with your consents and tests, we should be starting around the same time (all going well) , fingers and toes crossed for us both :)

Oh, that's interesting regarding the DHEA as I asked about that but Doc said you need to be taking it for about 4 months which would delay things for me. However I suppose if my AMH level has dropped significantly maybe we should re-consider taking it to boost my chances.

I'm tomorrow going to the docs for the HIV, Hep B & C's etc and the docs are quite happy to do it. OH is going on Friday to get his taken too.

The GCRM definitely seem on the ball, especially compared to Ninewells where I was before.

Yeh i think its 3 months before, I started taking it when i intially got my low AMH result however so around October time last year,

I checked with GCRM and they were quite happy for me to take but it hasn't taken me out the low range really but its still an increase and im taking that as a positive :)

Thats good re doctors hopefully mines will be the same

Ive nothing to compare the GCRM to as this is my first cycle, I went from a friends recommendation and im glad i did

Good luck with your treatment

Hi ladies, my amh came back at 3.1 which is as I hoped.Jan 2011 it was 4.8, we have our consultant and consent appt Monday 7th may, just had my amh and scan and oh had his sa and HIV and hep bloods checked at germ , my gp took my HIV and rubella from me ( hence oh now changing to my gp, was appalled...but that's another story).
We have decided on icsi with pgs, I have mixed feelings about it all, friends are excited for me but I've had 5 losses now and I think there will be a lot of other fine tuning needed with regards to that but I have so much confidence in gcrm and know I stand the best chance with them.... Well girls I hope we can all get good support from each other however it goes, good luck to you all. I'm throwing you all some stick baby dust,.. I'll update on Monday xxxx

I was at the doctors this AM for bloods and the nurse said to me they usually charge for these and it would have to go via the practice manager which may take a week or so, i totally kicked off saying when i phoned I wasnt informed that this would be the case even though i explained the situation and that i didnt really have time to wait and if they made me they would hold up my treatment, the nurse agreed to do them and no charge applied :happydance:

I think its good to be positive but I am also realistic as im fed up being dissapointed, I have only had 1 m/c so can't imagine what you have been through, lifes just not fair sometimes.

Good luck with your consents, we have consented for both IVF and ICSI just in case there are any issues with hubbys sample on day of EC.

Starting norethisterone on 20th May :) then prostap on 1st....

Fingers crossed for us all xxxxx

Heya all,

I got my bloods done yesterday at the docs. Hep B & C & HIV. Picked up my results for smear and found in my folder of many many tests my rubella results, so I didn't need to get that one. There was a question with the nurse regarding what to put the tests through as but I think she was going to speak to the doctor and it would be marked as Assisted Conception.

Our first appt will be on the 24th May for AMH and OH's SA.

2nd appt for consents etc is 31st May!

Baby dust to all too!

Hi girls, think it all went well on Monday. I'll be on the flare protocol,. I am having the pgs which apparently needs to be done with icsi.... reading about all of the negative press around icsi recently in the news just before my appt did I admit cause some anxiety... but if it needs to be then I just need to go with it.

I will be starting probably mid June... as some red tape with pgs at the clinic at the moment...my cycles are a bit skeewif these days so I couldnt pin point an exact date as to when.
Good news is I'll be having steroids and blood thining injections in view of my history of recurrent miscarriage... this is reassuring, though not looking forward to the side effects from steroids, mustnt grumble....
How are we all doing, jacquie it wont be long before you start, good luck honey..
What protocols are you all on>?

Hi girls, thought I would join in this thread as have just set up our first appointments at GCRM today. We have been TTC for 16 months now. I am 36, OH is 45 and we have never had a BFP. We are unexplained at this point and all my tests have been normal. We have our fertility assessment appointments later this month and have our consultant appoint at the beginning of June. It would be lovely to keep track on how you ladies are getting on:flower:

Hey Mandy, I'm also on flare protocol, starting norethisterone on the 20th and then progesterone shot on the 1st, I think ec and et will be mid June depending on how I respond :), I'm really keen to get started but am impressed with how quickly everything has happened with the GCRM, suppose I'm used to the NHS wait times but the saying is true you get what you pay for :).

We consented for ivf and icsi as thought better to be over prepared than under and let the clinic decide what is best on the day as they are the experts although fertilisation has 10% more success with icsi they didn't think we would require, we shall see as a lot of pressure on hubby on ec day :)

I saw your ticker and you really have had a time of it trying to get your bundle of joy, I really hope you get your bfp on this cycle, I have a friend who on her 4th cycle was put on steroids etc with her cycle at GCRM due to recurrent loss and she now has a 6 month old girl, fingers and toes crossed for you.

Hey bluebell bun, good luck with your assessment and let us know how you get on, hopefully everything is perfect and it's just down to luck :), have you had your amh tested previously? The whole ttc business can be frustrating, I just keep think of the end goal and how much it will be worth it.

Good luck ladies xxx

Yip, my AMH level is good at 31 so there seems to be no obvious reason for not being able to conceive. OH SA was excellent , my HSG was normal and all other bloods normal. It's so frustrating but feel at least we are now being pro active about the situation.

Oh thats wonderful to hear about your friend Jacqui, I hope I'll be as lucky as her too.
Bluebell, those are excellent results!
would you be going for IUI as opposed to IVF? i HAD IUI last year in monklands hospital,I did get pregnant, unfortunately the baby had problems, see my ticker below....

Jacqui, did you go on any special diets this time?Ive read about high protein intake supposed to help with success rates though I've only read about it on other threads, so I must research it a bit further...
I am upping my exercise, my bmi is just on 30, so trying to up my fitness level, have hired a cross trainer, and trying to loose a bit of weight also.

Mandy, I am not sure. Our NHS consultant was suggesting that we go straight to IVF as statistically the success rate is much better when we are paying for our treatment rather than doing IUI first. I suppose we will be guided by the advice at GCRM.

I also had IUI at Monklands, only 1 complete cycle (2 cancelled) but due to my declining AMH decided to give it a miss as felt like i was wasting what i had for a low percentage.

Mandy- No special diets really just no caffeine, alcohol and generally being healthy. I am also taking daily supplements- pregnacare conception and folic acid and also 75mg of DHEA, ive read and tried so much that i end up not knowing if im doing right for wrong etc so ive just decided to stay healthy but would be interested to hear if high protein does increase success rates then ill defo up this- Let me know what you find. What about you?

Bluebell- Those results are excellent hopefully you get your bfp soon :). If cash isnt an issue then id go straight to IVF as you said the success rates are much higher, good luck

Hey ladies! How are you all doing? OH went to gcrm on thurs for his sperm analysis and I go next thurs for my tests. We have both had them done already on the NHS so hoping there are no unexpected surprises. AF just starting today so the only positive is that we are moving things forward privately.

Hi I'm doing good, had prostap on Friday and start stimms tonight, so glad to finally be at this stage, feels like time has stopped lol, scared of the 2ww if the wait, I'm so impatient , fed up waiting :)

That's good, fingers crossed all the tests are good and you might get started next cycle? X

Oh exciting times Jacqui.

How was the Prostap jag? Hope it was nothing too big and just a normal jag in a syringe.

Thanks ladies,

The prostap was fine actually, I had a nurse and a senior nurse (i think) in the room whilst it was being done, the senior nurse was trying to distract me so i started to panic that it was going to be sore but it was fine actually didnt feel a thing :). It looks a bit like jelly in the syringe rather than liquid but honest it was a breeze.

Last night was my 3rd injection and im feeling fine, not really had any side affects from the gonal f or the prostap, fingers crossed it stays like this. I go for my first scan on Friday so have everything crossed that im responding decently.

I see you arent far behind me Wallie? How are you finding everything?

Bluebell- Wont be long until those results come back and you are starting, its so quick, im sure everything will be all good :)

Take care ladies

Thats good that the Prostap jag was fine. I was guessing that they administer it rather than doing it yourself. I actually don't mind the jags at all and the gonal f is easy as I assume it'll be in the pen.

I had a call today and had to pay the drugs company their fee and they are getting it delivered to GCRM the day before I go. So I go down next Wednesday for my prostap jag and get my drugs!

The pills I've been on are easy peasy and I've not had one side effect. Although not sure if eating like there's no tomorrow is a side effect?

Good luck with first scan on Friday Jac's:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"