glasgow centre for reproductive medicine, cardonald glasgow.

Yeh the jags have been a doddle and it is the pen which is much easier :)

It will be Wednesday before you know it :)

Ill let you know how i go tomorrow, hope they see a good number and progress x

Hope your scan goes ok Jacqui. I went tonight for my AMH and transvaginal scan. We have our consultant appointment next thurs so things are moving forward. Funnily enough we also received appointments today for Glasgow Royal to attend for a first appointment. I think I will maybe postpone this as neither of us can really afford time off work if we are starting treatment at GCRM also. The letter included another jar for a sperm analysis! The OH is starting to feel like he has left deposits at every clinic in the West of Scotland having already given samples at the RAH and GCRM!

Well i went and had my scan, everything is looking really good and the nurse said i was responding well, i had about 14 follicles all at different sizes but she seemed confident id get a good collection (fingers crossed). Im back in on Monday for another scan and ill be told then when to trigger and when collection will be :D

Ive got accupuncture tonight so hopefully will help me relax and help the follicles a bit :)

Wallie- Not long until you get started now, Wed will fly in, keep us updated

Bluebell- How did you scan look? The results dont take long for the bloods and they will be able to discuss what treatment is best at the consultation. Its typical that you get the letter from the GRI now, the first appointment there is just to go over medical history and tell you the waiting time for your area, to be honest they could probably do over the phone- Maybe worth an ask? My hubby is the same regarding all the SA lol but then they have the easy bit really :)

Take care ladies

Just had a call from the GCRM, they took bloods today also to check estrogen levels, they have said that the results have came back and that my body is ready so im going in for EC on Tuesday at 07:30, this is earlier than we thought but its because ive responded well..... everything crossed... good luck to everyone

Oh excellent news, this is brilliant!

Hi ladies sorry I've been AWOL, works been taking up a lot of my time and oh and myself went to dunblane hydro for an overnight stay for some much needed couple time and respite, was lovely and comes highly recommended.
Jac, brilliant news honey, great that you don't need to wait around longer with stimming, the worst bit is all the waiting.....good luck with the ec.xxxx
Bluebell, you are in demand, good to see you are gearing up to starting.
Wallie good luck on Wednesday. I'm right behind you wallie, I started my period on the 6th, so go in on the 18 th for bloods to see if I can start the norhisterone...
I am really so very nervous about the outcome, the treatment I can handle, I'm pretty sure, I'm being negative with myself about the outcome, if it doesn't work I think the blow won't be so hard... Friends keep saying to me oh you must be so excited..... I don't know how to answer that one...have any of you girls sought councilling so far.... I feel I should make an appointment to at least have some pointers on how to cope if the outcome isn't positive....

Jac, I see you take dhea, and have an excellent response since taking it, I started co enzyme q10 back in October last year to try and improve my egg quality. Obviously it's a bit late for me to take the dhea now but I wondered where you purchased yours from? I see you take 75mg daily... Is it expensive..?

Hey Mandy, thats nice you had some relaxing time, it is definently needed, we have a few nights away planned for after we know the result to either celebrate or drown or sorrows :)

The waiting is the killer, ive taken a few weeks off from work just because it can be quite stressful in my role and i want some time just to potter and visit family and to keep as relaxed as possible, thanks for the good luck, really nervous now but excited also hopefully the smaller follicles have caught up and i get a good number but then it is quality that is key.

The 18th will fly in you will be started before you know it, I found the first 10 days really slow but since starting stimms it has flewn by, im sure the 2 ww will drag....

Its hard to be positive when you have faced disappointment in the past, I just try to think that everything happens for a reason. I personally have not had any councilling but i think the GCRM offer free councilling to patients, i reckon it cant do any harm and it is there help, sometimes its just good to talk to someone with a neutral view.

Yeh i think it has helped, this is my first IVF so im not sure follicle wise but my AMH has nearly doubled from when it was first tested, could be coincedence but i think it has helped me. I was taking loads of different vitamins for months and got to the stage i didnt know if i was doing right for wrong so cut it down to dhea 75mg, folic acid and pregnacare conception. Ive not had any side affects from the dhea and take it with my evening meal. I think it takes 3 months to work? I could be wrong though.

I usually order this - https://www.dhea-uk.com/product.php?productid=1

Hope this helps

thanks for that Jac, I may well order some in the future and good to know its reputable.
again good luck this week Jac and Wallie xxxxx

Hi ladies,

All happening in here now.

Question for you all, I finished Norethistrone or whatever it's called on Friday night. How long did you wait before AF appeared?

Quite looking forward to my trip down to Glasgow on Wednesday. Last time I was there I got quite excited and got my PMA back. However not looking forward to the drive, but needs must!

Hope EC goes well Jac!

Mandy, know what you mean when folk think you should be excited. However I don't tell many folk now.

Good luck though everyone!

I know it is all go, gOod that we are all progressing :)

I stopped it on a Sunday and me af never started until the Thursday, I was panicking that it wasn't going to come.

Is it far for you Wallie?

Will let you all know how I go tomorrow :)

Oh maybe I'll see AF from tomorrow onwards then! Thanks.

Clinic is 1 hour 50 minutes away from my home. Long old drive but I'm sure it's going to be worth it!

Good luck!

How did it go Jacqui, I hope all went really well?

Went and had my prostap jag today, easy peasy! AF appeared on Tuesday night, ontime for my cycle, so I was pleased about that, for once!

Got all my drugs today too and I start gonal f 225 on Friday night.

I got to the clinic really quick today, took just 1 hour 25 minutes!

Hello I got on well, we got 7 eggs and 3 have fertilised so just waiting for a call tomorrow to tell quality and decide when I'll be back in for transfer, the embryologist was all positive tho so fingers crossed they are doing well. I've been really anxious since collection I need to try and relax :)

We ended up switching to icsi as they found something in oh sample which could cause the sperm to be attracted to each other rather than the egg ( can't remember what they called it ), they were sure they had got rid when washed but we decided to air on side of caution and do what we could to give us the best chance. Everything crossed!

That's good wallie, i see your first scan is 20th, that will fly in! It's good to get to this stage but scary as it all becomes real :). How have you been feeling about it all? Pma!! That's good about your journey time as well, I think the new m74 extension into town has eased the traffic a fair bit

Take care xxx

Hello I got on well, we got 7 eggs and 3 have fertilised so just waiting for a call tomorrow to tell quality and decide when I'll be back in for transfer, the embryologist was all positive tho so fingers crossed they are doing well. I've been really anxious since collection I need to try and relax :)

We ended up switching to icsi as they found something in oh sample which could cause the sperm to be attracted to each other rather than the egg ( can't remember what they called it ), they were sure they had got rid when washed but we decided to air on side of caution and do what we could to give us the best chance. Everything crossed!

That's good wallie, i see your first scan is 20th, that will fly in! It's good to get to this stage but scary as it all becomes real :). How have you been feeling about it all? Pma!! That's good about your journey time as well, I think the new m74 extension into town has eased the traffic a fair bit

Take care xxx

Hi Jacqui,

Thanks for update and that's good that you got 3 that fertilized. And yes, that's a good call they changed to ICSI. My OH has sperm antibodies and makes them clump together, maybe this is similar to your OH's. When we did IVF none fertilized so we know for sure it's ICSI for us now.

I'm quite optimistic but it's probably more so as it's a new clinic. I never trusted that last one. They are so nice and it's all new, so I'm quite excited and I really really hope this one works. I'm not doing it again anyway!

Yes, I made good time today. I was surprised how quick I got there and I took my time.

Try and relax, at least you know you have embies, FX'd they do really well.

How many do you think you'll get to put back? One or two?

Anyway, good luck and keep us updated!

Mandy I think you asked about Conselling and I didn't respond to your question. My OH and I have been twice. I honestly didn't know what it was going to be like and we were both a bit nervous about it all the first time. We talked about how we felt about TTC and OH said he kept me away from his friends who have babies etc to protect me. Things like that. She also asked what we do for ourselves to keep stress free and keep our mind occupied. She said I should go to Yoga (which just reminds me I didn't go to tonight!) and try and do relaxing things like meditation and facials etc. Something I enjoy.

Second time we went was after our 2nd failed attempt. We were okay by that time and we'd just returned from holiday and we were very relaxed and happy. I didn't see the poiint in that meeting but anyway. It is worthwhile, it may sort things out in your head and help to hear how each of you feel. My OH actually said it was good to talk to someone about all our heartache and it was an hour he said was worthwhile... which was odd for him :haha:

Jac, thats great, I'm willing your little embryos on! hoping and praying that all goes well.
Dr gadoin had recommended if I had 3 embryos that they'd transfer 3, due to my age and history... how many have you been recommended?
Wallie, glad the prostap went well and the Journey was easy, is it Dundee you are travelling from?
I'll phone to make an appointment for councilling tomorrow...

Jac, thats great, I'm willing your little embryos on! hoping and praying that all goes well.
Dr gadoin had recommended if I had 3 embryos that they'd transfer 3, due to my age and history... how many have you been recommended?
Wallie, glad the prostap went well and the Journey was easy, is it Dundee you are travelling from?
I'll phone to make an appointment for councilling tomorrow...

Thanks, and no, not Dundee. Inbetween Dundee and Perth but I'll not say on here incase someone recognises me :haha:

Hi girls :flower:, I hope you don't mind me adding some comments to your thread. Wallie, I remember you from when I was on here before, and I wish you and the others every success with your treatment this time.

I didnt have my treatment at GCRM but at the GRI, and Professor Nelson is also a consultant there. He is fantastic and we were lucky enough to get a BFP on our 2nd cycle of IVF last year. As you will see from my ticker, we were ttc for over 7 years and never thought it would happen. I just wanted to praise the staff at GRI as they were all fantastic, and so supportive.

I actually seen Professor Nelson when I was in the hospital waiting for a bed on the labour ward. He was on ward rounds that day and spent a good while asking about the IVF and where I'd been treated - not for any reason other than just his curiosity.
After Orla was born we went back into the Assisted Conception Unit at GRI and Professor Nelson was working that day. He remembered me from the labour ward and both he and all the staff were delighted that they had been part of a positive outcome.
We had already planned ahead and set some money aside in case we had to fund a 3rd cycle ourselves, and if that had been the case we would have gone to the GRI for this, as we felt so comfortable with the staff there. I would also like to say that early on in my pregnancy at around 7 / 8 weeks I had some extremely heavy bleeding, and thought the worst was happening. I attended the ACU 4 times in 5 days to have scans and the reassurance and support of the staff was fantastic. If any of you do have to attend GRI, I can't praise them highly enough.

I hope that you find my story positive and that good outcomes do happen. Please, please dont give up hope. If you had told me this time last year that I would be in this position now, I'd have laughed in your face and never believed it would happen for us. Life works in mysterious ways, and sometimes things take a little longer than planned.

I wish you all lots of love and :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"