glasgow centre for reproductive medicine, cardonald glasgow.

Lainey, thank you for dropping in and telling us of your story. I had a consultation with prof Nelson at the GRI back in 2010... He seemed really nice... Hopefully we will all be in your shoes next year....I hope some more GRI girls can join us too...

Jac, been thinking about you today,how are things?

Lainey, yes I remember you. Congratulations on your little girl. She was a little thing right enough.

Thanks for your story!

Evening ladies,

Well I got a call earlier saying all 3 were excellent quality all 5 to 6 cell which apparently is great for this stage, they said normally with my amh they would recommend to transfer 2 but because of the quality they recommend 1 but it was our decision. We have transfer tomorrow at 9.30 so hope they stay that way over night! Hubby and I have until then to decide but think I'm swaying towards 2. It's all been so positive so far and I hope it stays this way :) , I'll be relaxing over the weekend.

Wallie- that's exactly what they said about my oh sperm so sounds like the same issue, glad we switched to icsi rather than taking any chances. It's good to be optimistic, I have everything crossed for you.

Mandy- thanks for thinking of my, that's so nice, did you get a session booked with the councillor? I hope everything works out and again everything crossed.

Lainey- thanks for sharing your story, great result! I'm still on GRI waiting list and due top in dec :)

Bluebell- how are you getting on?

I feel quite sick tonight and very bloated but think my nerves and anxiety are playing a big part

Take care xxx

Oh that is excellent news. I'd probably go for two if I were you but I've had three failed attempts already both with one and two embryos put back. Anyway if you put two back you may have one to freeze which is excellent again as you could go back in a year or so time, and have a sibling!

The bloating should subside a bit, as long as it's not painful you'll be okay.

It is nervous but exciting too at this stage. I hope transfer goes well. :hugs:

Hope everyone else is okay. I had stitch like feelings on my right side this morning when I woke. Seems okay now though, maybe its the effects of the prostap jag from Wednesday morning?

Hope you all have a great day and weekend as I'm off up North. We're moving up there once our house sells, so we're doing a bit of skulking around and two house viewings too. I'll be back on Sunday night.

:hugs:

:dust:

jac, that's wonderful news, absolutely brilliant! Hope transfer goes well, and little embryos burrow in nicely. Excellent too that you will have either one or two to freeze,whatever you decide.

Wallie,you have loads to keep you occupied with the house move and stops any over assessing...
I have my first blood test on Monday...... Glad something is happening... At last! I'm booked in for employee councilling through my work a week on Tuesday, so hopefully she'll be able to lp with reducing my anxiety levels.
Have a great weekend girls..... Xxx

That's great news Jacqui. Fingers crossed all remains good for you.
Wallie, hope your house viewings go well!
Mandy, exciting that you are making progress too.
It sounds as if everyone is making progress.
We had our consultant appointment on thurs and have our consent visit on Wednesday. We have been recommended an antagonist-Bus program as my AMH came back at 44 which makes me high risk of ovarian hyper stimulation. We are booked to go on hol in August so I think in reality we will start treatment on our return. It gives us a few more cycles to keep trying ourselves.

Good news bluebell..good luck with trying naturally.. Do you have a clear blue fertility monitor? they are great for pinpointing exactly your most fertile days.xx

Morning,

Transfer was on Friday and went well, piece of cake really. We went for 2 back, we got 2 excellent quality embies 1 8 cell and 1 9 cell, and got an 11 cell frozen, the embrologist was delighted with quality and surprised we got 1 for freezing considering we only had 3 so im glad it all appears positive. Just need to keep everything crossed and hope D day doesnt drag in- We get our test on the 27th.

Bloating has subsided a good bit now thanks Wallie :). We are thinking about going up north next week to try and take our minds off things, maybe inverness, will see how things go- Good luck with the house hunt :)

Mandy- Glad you are getting progress and hope the test goes ok- Also glad you got the councilling sorted, its good to talk/ vent and get a non biased opinion- Let us know how it goes.

Bluebell- Thats great, maybe something will happen naturally, you never know.... Enjoy your holiday, relax and put all this to the back of your mind (hard i know) until you return

Hope you all had a fab weekend x

Excellent news Jacqui! I'm glad you went for two in the end.

Well I'm back after a tiring weekend but it was good. Inbetween the distillery tours, cinema to see The Angels's Share (which is excellent btw), shopping, house viewing, pampering and driving I did two gonal f jags!

Glad everyone is doing well and things are all positive and moving on.

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

Jac, absolutely brilliant! Will be keeping everything crossed for the 27 th...a little diversion therapy in Inverness sounds like a lovely idea..... That's planted a seed with me maybe I might ask oh if we can go somewhere nice for an overnighter in our 2 ww....

Wallie, sounds like a lovely weekend, im partial to a house viewing myself, it's the actual moving I really don't like....
Well wallie, it's your turn next, how are you feeling about everything.?
I'm at gcrm tomorrow for my first blood check.... Finally. Don't think a scan is due tomorrow, but I've had the lady shaver out anyway just I case lol...

I'm feeling alright about it all but I do think I could get very down and teary about it all again. So I'm trying not to do that and stay focused on other things and not let it bother me so much. I just want this to work so much...

I go on Wednesday which I assume will be scan and blood test.

Hope your appt goes well.

That's fab news Jacqui. Good luck Wallie with your appointment. Mandy, I am using the clear blue digital ovulation sticks and find them to be good. My cycle is pretty regular though so we could probably do without them.

I went for my bloods and scan today, not ready to ovulate so I've to go back next Monday for bloods and another scan....... I was so hoping that we could start the meds this week....and get the show on the road.... Just telling myself though that good things are worth the wait! I should be used to this old waiting game by now....

Wallie, you have lots going on appart from this, and it does help to have another focus,such as your house move. I've decided to up my water intake, not a big water drinker usually, so going to aim t drink a litre every day throughout the treatment, I've read its all very good for improving blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, and hopefully it'll improve my skin too, I'm having a major breakout this month.

Morning ladies, thanks for all the positive thoughts, im going out of my mind in the 2ww :), hours feel like days.... trying to keep busy.

Wallie how are you doing? What time is your scan tomorrow? everything crossed there are plenty of nice sized follies

Mandy the waiting takes forever but defo the right motto to have, good things come to those who wait and you will be starting the stimms before you know it.... my cycle dragged in until i got to the stimm stage

Hope everyone is well xx

Morning jac, yip the 2 ww is definitely the worst,are you symptom spotting? Hard not to...

At the scan yest, I had one follie, about 11 mm looked pretty big to me, but the nurse said it wasn't..... Strangely this cycle I have had loads more cm than usual, and seriously thought about Dtd, glad I didn't see the follicle a few days ago as I may well have convinced oh to try catch an egg this month.... Though we'd be mad to try, before at least trying the pgd, which should give us a clear look at the condition of my egg quality.....
Gets me thinking about plan b, what if this cycle doesn't work...... I'm definitely going to try dhea.... Also after a failed ivf, I believe that the fertility drugs must kick start things..... An example I could base this on is kate silverton the news reader, she fell pregnant straight after failed ivf.....
I have some clomid left after my 2 IUI cycles last year, so I may also give that a whirl....
Sorry to talk about plan b girls, I hope it's ok... It helps me to feel in control that bit more to have a plan of action in place, for " next time" ....

Hiya,

My appt's at 10:45am. I'm going to leave here at 9am and hopefully have plenty of time to get to the clinic. I was so early last time.

2ww is a killer ladies and it's good to have a plan b. Unfortunately I won't be having a plan b for any treatment. This will be my last. I can't do it anymore. 4 rounds of IVF (2 x IUI before that too). If this doesn't work it'll never work in my opinion.

I MAY consider adoption or fostering but it's still doesn't really float my boat.

Anyway I hope you're all enjoying the nice weather. Lovely here in Perthshire, inbetween little bits of rain!

It really is, 1 week tomorrow until d day :). I'm trying not to symptom spot but then I'm worrying because I don't really have any symptoms, its hard to relax :).

I totally agree with having a plan b as well, I don't want to pin all my hopes that this cycle will work as I know I'll be devastated so we have already started planning and saving for the what if which I'm hoping makes us feel a bit more in control as you say Mandy.

Good luck with your scan Wallie let us know how you get on, will be thinking of you and hope they see lots of activity.

The weather has been good here over past 2 days however to go downhill from tomorrow I hear :( x

Thanks Jacqui! Can you tell me something, do I have to pay tomorrow when I get a scan and blood test done? Just every time I'm down I have to whip out my visa card :haha:

Good luck ladies. I know what you mean about the visa card. OH is like " what are we paying for this time!!"

Haha, I didn't have to whip out my visa card! Result!

So I had a blood test and scan. I have about 8 follies. Smallest about 6 and biggest 12, so I'm back down on Friday for the same again. I suppose they'll decide then what to do with me.

I've been thinking with this protocol that there is no drug to stop you ovulating yourself, its a bit of a worry really. I had so much EWCM too but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

How's everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"