Glasgow girlies

hi, I am from the vale of leven near glasgow and I have a 17 month old daughter. Does anyone live in this area or near enough?

Hey girls!

I'm new to all of this and was hoping that some of you could help me with this?!!

I'm currently approx 11 weeks pregnant and my doctor has asked me to choose which hospital I want to have the baby in. I have to choose between the Southern General or the Princess Royal Maternity, the problem is that I have heard good/bad things about both hospitals and was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these to help me make this decision?

Also, I have heard that at the SGH they do not let the partner stay with you at all times during the early stages of labour - does anyone know if this is true as I REALLY wouldn't be up for this!

Please help, I'm soooo confused! :wacko:

Hey girls!

I'm new to all of this and was hoping that some of you could help me with this?!!

I'm currently approx 11 weeks pregnant and my doctor has asked me to choose which hospital I want to have the baby in. I have to choose between the Southern General or the Princess Royal Maternity, the problem is that I have heard good/bad things about both hospitals and was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these to help me make this decision?

Also, I have heard that at the SGH they do not let the partner stay with you at all times during the early stages of labour - does anyone know if this is true as I REALLY wouldn't be up for this!

Sorry, I can't help you but I'd also be interested in the answers to your questions...

A friend of mine is 14 weeks pregnant at the moment and she's not going to find out the sex of the baby because her hospital won't do it as a general policy (though she's not in Glasgow). Does anyone know how this is handled in SGH or PRM? I'd also be really interested to just hear your general experiences. What did you like, what didn't you like?

I replied to your other post firsttimer :)

in Glasgow in general they just dont do the 20 week scan (so that goes for PRM and SGH) so if you want to find out the sex then you need to pay privatley.

Hey girls!

Hi firsttimer...

I had my last baby at the SGH and my partner was sent home when i was in early labour only to be phoned about an hour later and told to come back to the hospital and nearly missed the birth... he then was told to leave shortly after the baby was born... I am booked to go to Paisley Royal Alexander this time, never been there, so would like to hear from anyone who has, good or bad... SGH also dont tell you the sex of the baby and you normally only get 1 scan !

I didnt get a second scan through PRM either, its the postcode lottery.

Hey girls!

Hi firsttimer...

I had my last baby at the SGH and my partner was sent home when i was in early labour only to be phoned about an hour later and told to come back to the hospital and nearly missed the birth... he then was told to leave shortly after the baby was born... I am booked to go to Paisley Royal Alexander this time, never been there, so would like to hear from anyone who has, good or bad... SGH also dont tell you the sex of the baby and you normally only get 1 scan !

I had my baby in RAH and can honestly say they were fantastic. I was consultant led and was induced so was booked in but had a lovely midwife throughout who stayed with me after her shift finished and can honestly say all the staff were brill. Only problem i had was the paediatrician who came to do checks before we went home checked jessica and didnt point out she had a sacral dimple, m/w came to do bath later and said " oh she has a dimple, has it been checked coz it can be a sign of spina bifida" was terrified. Turned out to be nothing but was raging at paed for not telling me but the actual ward staff were great and was really clean and things.Kx

I hated RAH. They were all really condescending, and the mw's kept opening my curtain and peeking in while I was getting my prostin, resulting in my bits being flashed to the corridoor more than once.

Also, the paediatrician (Dr Hunt) was desperate for Dexter's hypospadias to be something worse, and was telling me I might have to make him a girl and call him Lesley (yes, weird I know). The whole thing was horrible and I was glad to be gone! Having said all that, the midwife on labour suite was lovely!

We should arrange a christmas meet for us lot:D

Im just along from Croftfoot, Castlemilk outskirts :D

A meet would be good :D i tried a few times before but they always fell apart.

Im just along from Croftfoot, Castlemilk outskirts :D

A meet would be good :D i tried a few times before but they always fell apart.

Haha same!! You're just up the road from me =)

And I third a meet! Would it be ok for me to come along?

ahh, we're trying for a meet again? :lol: Lets hpe this one doesn't fall through!! :rofl:

I'm from Cumbernauld, although I've lived in Easterhouse, Garthamloch and Mount Florida. I lived in South Ayrshire originally.

Glasgow's my favourite place in the world.

I'm in Cumbernauld too :) Always up for meets, as AG knows ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->