Glasgow or Edinburgh?

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
As the title says really.

It is my husband's 30th birthday next Feb (I know I am early but want to make it amazing) and I am trying to start planning. I want to take him away but I hopefully will be pregnant by then and as it would be very high risk I dont want to go abroad. It needs to have lots of things to do, we can hire a car too if needed.

Also if you have any recommendations of things to do in either or places to stay, that would be fantastic :thumbup:

How much are you looking to splash accommodation wise? Could recommend some fab hotels in Edinburgh.

I dont have a budget hun, that is why I want to start organising now so it can be some where truly fantastic.

Defo Edinburgh :p

I don't know about hotels but Edinburgh is my fave city x

I say Edinburgh too. Been a few times and I love it there!

I love edinburgh!!!! Def go to nthe castle x

I haven't been to Glasgow but I went to edinburgh for the fringe and I loved it there.

Edinburgh, just cause I live there so I'm maybe biased. To me, there's so so much to do! So many nice places to see and visit. :)

I voted Glasgow because I live there, and I much prefer it to Edinburgh (maybe because I'm local though, so know my way around better etc)

Unfortunately I'm the only one who voted Glasgow though :haha: xx

If you have no budget hun-go to the Witchery to stay. At least for a night. That's where we went on our wedding night and anniversary and it's amazing, really is something special! It's about £300 per night but I can put my hands down and say I don't regret spending that on a "room" for the night. (cant really call it a room!)

This is of course if you don't have the kiddies, it's for adults to be honest.
Otherwise I like the Bonham - central and has large rooms to accommodate kiddies (I used to work there)

I've eaten at The Witchery, and it's unlike anything else! Even have a meal there, it's worth it.

That said, I voted for Glasgow ;) To my mind, Glasgow is a lot more fun to stay in, loads to do right on the doorstep, and you can always visit Edinburgh. Or Stirling, or just about anywhere :)

i think the witchery is over priced and pretentious but whatever floats your boat!

The apex is nice.

Edinburgh defo so much to do there and so much to see and wow just looked up the witchery i would cry paying that much for a room dont care how fancy it is not as if ur gunna be in it that much

If we arent pregnant with a sticky baby by then we will be :rofl:

Thank you so much for the help girls. I am going for Edinburgh, I looked up flights and from Heathrow (which is like twenty odd minutes from my house) to Edinburgh is only £135 return for the pair of us, bargain!!!

It will be just me and Matt, and I think Monday to Friday. I am really excited.

I will look at both hotels mentioned. :D

Me and OH stayed at The Point hotel back in March which was nice and central, we went for our honeymoon to edinburgh in 2010 and in march 2010 for our 2nd anniversary, and I gotta say it's one of my favorite places ever to visit. I get all nostalgic even thinking of going there. Let us know what hotel you go for, I can't wait to hear ur plans!!

I just love it there, I miss it so much!!

Xo

I'd pick Edinburgh but I'm local so no surprise.

The Balmoral is lovely. Nice spa too. The Sheraton has a fabby spa on the roof of that is your thing. You can probably get a deal at the Caledonian if you look on the Hilton website (could do a clubcard deal there).

Lots of great places to eat and you can absolutely get great deals from the 5pm website. Harvey Nics chocolate lounge is nice (but expensive!). Lots of good bars/ restaurants in George Street. Oloroso is good with amazing views. The Museum in Chambers St has reopened and has a great cafe. There is also an amazing menu in the Tower Restaurant on the roof there. The National Gallery on the Mound has a superb restaurant for lunches/ dinner/ cakes and coffee- My friend is a pastry chef there!

Thank you so much girls. My sister has agreed to have my children, and so I am looking at booking hotels today :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->