Glucose in Urine - Second Glucose Tolerance Test

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone else in the same boat?

For the last three weeks or so I have had traces of glucose in my urine at my midwife appointments. I had a fasting glucose test two weeks ago which I passed - normal amount of glucose in the blood.

At my midwife appointment on Tuesday I had the most glucose i've ever had - 3+ - so I've been referred for another glucose tolerance test on Monday. Really hate them - combination of being starving hungry, having to drink a load of nasty lucozade on an empty stomach and then not being able to leave the doctors surgery for two hours!

Has anyone else had to have multiple glucose tolerance tests and passed one but failed later ones?

You can develop it later in pregnancy. If you don't want to take the test again (I hate the fasting ones especially), ask your dr to just refer you to the GD clinic or however they do it, so you can get the supplies. Then just test your blood sugar. It's not as bad as it seems. That is way more accurate than a GTT anyway. I failed all of my glucose tests, but when I test my blood sugar after eating food, instead of sugar water, I'm always fine. Then you can get an idea of what foods spike your blood sugar and adjust your diet accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->