Glucose (plasma) levels

porkpie1981

Reaction score
Im just reading thru my hopsital notes and seen that they are 4.0. The reference range states 4.0 - 8.0. Does that mean that im on the boarder? If so what exactly does it mean?

It depends if it was a fasting sample or not really (i.e. did they tell you not to have anything to eat for 12 hours before the test?). If it is then the range in this area is 3.5 - 5.5, so your right in the normal range, and if its not a fasting sample then its really not very acturate anyway and shouldn't really be trusted very much. Basically... its fine, don't worry about it. :)

It depends if it was a fasting sample or not really (i.e. did they tell you not to have anything to eat for 12 hours before the test?). If it is then the range in this area is 3.5 - 5.5, so your right in the normal range, and if its not a fasting sample then its really not very acturate anyway and shouldn't really be trusted very much. Basically... its fine, don't worry about it. :)

cheers! No they didnt tell me to fast It was the results from a few weeks ago when i was quite ill and had ketones in my urine so I bet if it was done again then they would be higher

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->