Glucose test and bread?

auntiesarah25

Reaction score
At my docs appointment today they gave me the info I need for my glucose test. Told me to do it between 26 and 28 weeks, that I have to fast 10-12 hours before hand, I can have sips of water and for the three days leading up to the test I have to have a slice of bread with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

:shrug:

What's up with that. I assume it has to do with starches/carbs but I'm clueless and they gave me the info as I left the office so I didn't have a chance to ask doc . . .

That's strange, I never got told that for mine! Hope someone else maybe knows more x

:wacko: that's certainly not something we do in the UK. I know some people with diabetes have to avoid bread or stick to wholemeal as white bread can be very sugary and the type of sugars in it are hard to process :shrug: We definitely don't recommend it at my clinic!

Thanks ladies. As far as I could tell from googling it, hahaha, is that it prepares your body for the attack of glucose. Sounds a little like a small cheat but who knows.

I've never heard of that either!

In Australia you have to consume a high carb diet for 3 days prior to the GD test

Never heard of that. You're supposed to eat normally to NOT cheat the test lol. Strange x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->