Go cold turkey?

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
Me and my OH are determined to get Jack off dummies...
But is just totally cutting them out such a good idea? :blush:

We cut Coltons out cold turkey. He was 4mo old though.
Now, even if he sees one sitting around he will play with it but doesn't suck on it. He might chew on it though, especially the rim :D

I think it's better done sooner than later.

Kian had dummies till he was about 18 months old. We went cold turkey, i threw them in the bin so i wouldn't be tempted to give in to him. We had a few nightmare nights but never looked back. good luck

I think cold turkey is the best way. Alasdair seemed to be surgically attached to his dummy at one point now he only has them to sleep but it was a very cold turkey type thing with him. As Bex said you might have a couple of really awful nights but I think it's better and quicker in the long term.

We just took them away and it worked great for us, but my boys were older, my 1st was right around a year and my 2nd was almost 2yrs. So they def understood, your a big boy and you don't need it anymore. I don't knw about at that age though, I don't mind them having them until they are a bit older, my almost 16mo old has his and we probably won't take it away for awhile still

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->