Go to sleep..

Emsabub

Reaction score
Has anybody got any ideas to help with this?!

My LG is two weeks old and no matter what I try, she screams the place down. She's fed, burped and has a clean nappy. I wasn't sure if she was suffering with colic so my OH got a Mam bottle to try and it has helped her bring wind up, but she's still screaming!

He doesn't finish work until 6 and get to mine until 7ish so she's always up late (for a baby anyway) and he always wants to hold her until she's flat out in his arms. This can be as late as midnight - then she & I are both knackered!!

Has anyone got any ideas to help her get to sleep? She always seems to fight it, I've told him she needs to go to bed sooner but I feel like he thinks I'm trying to cut into his time with her, he hasn't said it but he doesn't need to 😕

She definitely might be over-tired. Google average awake times for a two-week old. She probably should only be awake for about an hour at a time at this age. When they stay up too long, they can get overstimulated and cry for hours before falling asleep. My dd was this way. If we didn't encourage her to sleep extremely regularly, she would stay up 8 hours straight! Then it would be hours of screaming. When I finally figured out her awake time needed to be a lot shorter, it drastically reduced the crying. Anyway, it might not be your issue, but if it is I hope this helps!

I'd really recommend going to an osteopath. Birth can be/is tough for a baby and often something can be out of place for the baby causing them discomfort. How was your birth? Osteopathy is a really gentle technique and at the time it doesn't look like the osteopath is actually doing anything. It could help with the screaming and has helped friends too. One friend had a baby that screamed for the first month of his life until mum took the baby to see the oatepath. It helped my daughter with her head shape at 1 year old. It can be expensive but only 1 or 2 sessions are needed.

Then I know it will be hard for you and the baby's dad to work this one out but keeping her awake late will be causing her to be overtired and grumpy. Is there any way he can help put her to bed/helo with bedtime routine instead. Or have I misread your post and does Ava sleep in his arms?

Is she screaming at particular times (eg 8pm till midnight?) And just restless at other times?

Or she just screams non stop - if yes the defo cranial osteopath - they do work miracles.

Some babies are just cryers but than can result in a hernia (according to my mum I was screaming non stop till about 4 months and had a hernia the size of a golf ball, then it got better and by 6 months i was a perfect baby)

Obv if an osteopath can help there is no need to wait and cause a stress to both a baby and yourself

I'd agree that if I'm reading your post right and she's awake from 7pm to midnight, that's 5 hours which as a PP said is about 4 hours too long!

My LO is 2 months old and still freaks if he's awake for more than 2 hours at a time.

Hope you get things sorted, good luck!

My daughter is 9 weeks old and gets ratty at the 1 hour mark, as a newborn it was more like 30 minutes.

Thank you for all your replies ladies!

It's not from 7pm sorry, that's the time my partner usually arrives at mine to see her. She will normally go a a couple hours crying almost constantly, but he wants to hold & rock her until she's definitely asleep and then put her down to bed, which isn't really do-able because she then gets used to having him there and doesn't like being left on her own (which makes her cry more!).

She's on infacol at the moment, poor girl hates it and it seems to have calmed her down along with the MAM bottles.. I just hope she gets better soon!

Tonight my OH has gone for dinner at his parents so I fed her at 6:30 and put her straight in her basket and she's doing well so far! :D

Also....do you drink/eat diary? It's very common for babies to be intolerant to cows milk and this comes through in the breast milk. Give it a good 3 weeks though if you're going to try it.

No I was breastfeeding but I had to stop because my supply stopped coming through 😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->