God I wanna F$%£ing scream

bexxie

Reaction score
Just got back from Midwife for Mat B1 form,my baby is due the 27th March and i a, entitled to 26 weeks off maternity now if I was due 3 days later I could have 39 weeks off,so annoying,she said if baby comes after 1st april I am entitled but I know that is bollocks it has to be DUE on or after 1st April,fecking woman,she could have fudged 3 days as baby can be 7 days either way on scan,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..my rant bex.x

What a cow!

BTW I didnt know the laws on maternety leave had chaned, So can you take longer now with both SMP and MA?? I dont work enough hours now to get SMP. I know before you could take longer than 6 months, but if you did you didnt get paid.

What is the deal now then??

9 months at £106 and after that (3months) @ unpaid

so after 1st april you are looking at 39 weeks pay

result.

Sweet!!!

How about when you have your next midwife appointment, if you see a different one, say you havent got your MATB1 form yet and get them to write you another one, and ask them about the date thing, you might get a more understanding/sympathetic one next time.

no,no can do had my Human resources come round from work today and they took it,on bright side I am off work from now until after maternity due to this SPD they have now confirmed I have so ahve got full sick pay so cant moan....

Good & bad news then Bexxie - defo a nice break with feet up :wink:

:hugs:

Oh no what a bummer Bexxie. Horrible woman :(

I've read up on it and it's 9 months paid, the current rate is £108.85 and then up to 6 months unpaid.
I'm taking at least 6/7 months paid depends on the money situation after that.

But you're right the baby has to be due on or after the 1st April. So even if you had it on the 1st April but your due date was 31st May you're not entitled stupid isn't it.

She could have moved you for the sake of 3 days :evil:

Charm X

hello she tight aint she a baby is supposed to given two weeks either side of your due date 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after sohe should know better hope your are ok spunky xxx

Pity we can't swop MAT B1's bex cos mylo is due April 3rd (by scan), April 6th (by my cates). Irrelevant reall 'cos most mat leave I'll take is 8-10 weeks plus a couple ofweeks hols.

Aww bless you

well to be honest it will be a struggle to manage on the £108 for 6 months nevermind 9.

We are with Northern Rock and they are giving us up to 9 months mortgage break so relief as it is £1200 a month for mortgage so much money aint it I hate money lol.

I only work 4 hours a day now and am finished with mental health as its sending me gaga.lol

Thanks Guys

I work full time and husband stays at home to look after the other two children so we are saving like mad so I can have ^6 weeks at higher rate then 4 weeks at lower rate then two weeks hol. Unfortuately this could be reduced significantly if I get he business taken over by then but it is now loooking unlikely to go thru by then.

:shock: Bloody hell, what a stickler!!! It wouldnt have been any skin off her nose to have given you those 3 days!! x

That's shocking :shock: What a bugger that MW is, they should understand more than anyone what that extra few weeks could mean to people! :twisted:

Obviously another MW with NO kids, therefore no pregnancy experience! :roll:

you are right she was 24 i knew of her,cow!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone by chance have a link to the new regs for smp?

If you go direct.gov and type in mat pay it comes up for you :-D that mw was deffo being stingy!!
Im so glad that i work for the NHS their mat policy tbh is really good xxxx
i hope u get something sorted xxxxx

I thought it was 90% of wages for first 6 weeks then £135 a week for 33 weeks???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->