Godparents?

G

Georgie90

If you was to have your LO Christened...who would it be and why?

Pointless but Nosy Thread to Pass a Friday Morning :blush:

Good thread idea!

I'm godmother to my best friend's little girl and will be to their little boy when he arrives in Dec. Soooo OH and I agreed that both her and her hubby will be godparents. OH will pick someone when I actually fall preggo! He hasn't got a lot of responsible male friends and all our mutual friends would prob be a bit offended if one was picked over the other, we'll have to do it carefully!

we will tooo :(

haha...i dont trust OH mates!!

i will definatly have my best friend Ashleigh...but not sure about the others!!!
x

Oh I really haven't thought about this one.

Between us (me and DH) we have 5 siblings and all have already taken on the role with our first 3 children. Our kids all have 3 Godparents a piece, 1st child - my sis, my bil(her partner), my bff; 2nd child my sis ,bil (her DH) my other bff; 3rd child, my other sis, bil, sil.

So, Ive ran out of siblings lol -thought my number 3 was gonna be my last, so we squeezed the last three in together -oops, probably an oversight!!

DH's friend's havent' been asked before, maybe they are mature enough now lol -Needs some more thought though I think.

oooh good question...

Well, Me and OH are god Parents to our best mates son, so most likely be both of them as God parents.

And im god Mother to my sisters Daughter.. so her, and I'd possibly have OH brother...

how many are you meant to have??

xxxx

We won't be having our child christened as DH and I are both atheists. Not really sure who we would pick as mentors/guideparents if we were to do an atheist/humanist equivalent (e.g. a naming ceremony). Probably either siblings or some of our close friends. Interesting topic!

We'll not have a christening but will definitely go for a humanist welcome ceremony and name mentors, probably two for each child. They'll most likely be friends not family (as family are family anyway so have a special bond already). At the moment I could think of 4 people I would trust to do a good job but who knows what things are like in a few years...

I like the idea of a non-religious equivalent of godparents. i.e someone who would take care of my child if something were to happen to me. I guess I'd pick my good friends Steve and Annie.

I don't agree with christenings and don't attend them.

Hmm a tough one realy, Iv got that many friends who could be conciderd (sp?)

Probably my lil sis, OH's best mate and one of my friends, if i could ever decide

Do you think you should have family members or just friends??

I was thinking of having my step-mum and step dad?

xxxxxxxxxxxx

If FH and I decide to christen our children we'll probably choose my BFF and her hubby as Godparents. Everyone else (my brothers and sisters and FH's sister) are either too young or live far away.

Not a fan of the religious aspect but to each their own! From what I have read, Godparents are not afforded legal recognition without being included in the will. A naming ceremony is interesting though.

I think it would be my best friend and a very good male friend of ours, but we havent seen him for ages now and I am not sure if we would still consider him, so I am not sure about the male godfather! x

oooooooo
Well i have a goddaughter whos mum is my 2nd cousin!
So theres a good chance i will ask her and her OH, only problem is that i have some 1st cousins too so wouldnt want to upset them!
Yh think i will cross this bridge when it gets to it! lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back