Going away at 37 weeks

ebannawuoyohw

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ive just booked to go away for four days to a place called butlins. Its like a little resort within the UK, there are a few, and they have swimming, arcades, bingo, entertainments, places to eat out etc. We are staying in the hotel there.
Well Ill be 37 weeks, and ive had a few comments from people saying I shouldn't be going, I might go into labour blah blah. As far as I can see as long as I know where the local hospital is, the route and take my bits I may need If I do go into labour whats the problem?!
For on its rare for a first time mum to go into labour early, my mum never did so if you want to argue you take after your mothers well she didn't. 85% of women give birth on their due date or after.
Should I just ignore these people? I mean what do they want me to do, sit around doing nothing just in case!
GRR thanks for listening x

Yep ignore them. Atleast you have something to look forward to rather than sitting at home bored and waiting for baby!

Definitely ignore them and have fun!
We had originally planned to go camping the weekend before I was due (but because of finances we changed plans). But I knew I was just as close to my hospital should I need it and what better place to labor than in the calm serene woods!

Enjoy it!

I'm going to centre parks when I'm 36 weeks :). If the worst came to the worst you could give birth at a hospital near by. It's very unlikely anyway! Bring your maternity notes just incase and make sure you have the local hospitals number maybe. X

Sounds lovely! Much nicer than sitting around the house, twiddling your thumbs and wondering when baby will come. I think you're right - as long as you're prepared for the chance of baby coming a little early, then what's the problem?

Thank you ladies :) I am really excited. It will be our only time away before baby comes, weve been together 3 years and never had a penny to be able to go away before so its come at a lovely time. The weather is just getting nicer and I think it will be really relaxing and just what we need before becoming first time parents!
I am totally prepared for early labour if it happens. Im more happy that now I have something different to look forward to I WANT him to stay in there rather than being bored wishing hed come out lol x

That sounds amazing, and truth be told I'm kinda jealous!

Have the directions to the local hospital and maybe your bag *just in case* but otherwise go and relax and have fun!

Yep just to echo the others - get prepared before you go, bag in the car just in case etc.

But go and have fun!! :D and ignore anyone else!

Don't forget the car seat just in case!! x

Ignore them. Make sure you take your notes etc.

If you went into labour you would just deliver in the local hospital. The wonders of the NHS

I'm almost 39 weeks and I've just had to take an unavoidable trip to Bristol which ment staying there for a few days, I just made sure I had everything I needed just incase, so my hosp bag, babys hosp bag, car seat, green notes and red book, as soon as I got there I got the number for the local L&D ward as well as knowing where its was and made sure I had a couple of taxi numbers just in case. Iv just got home and Im still pregnant so I had nothing to worry about but I'm glad I was prepared just incase. I guess what I'm saying is aslong as you have everything you need and you have a plan as to what to do IF you do go into labour then theres no reason not to go away and enjoy yourself!!!

I went on a Haven holiday to reighton sands at 36 weeks - I just took my/bump's hospital bags and my notes! Have fun x

ill be going to manchester at 39 weeks to see robbie williams in concert and staying overnight...people have said to me I must be mad but hey we only live once ;) Enjoy your break and your time together as a couple before baby comes xx

Don't see anything wrong with that as long as you know that it could happen! Have fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->