Going back on the pill!

toffee87

Reaction score
Went to the dr's today and I've been prescribed yasmin!

I researched myself the types I was willing to try, after having problems with logynon a few years back I wanted one with low progesterone activity (high causes libido loss and depression). I'm lucky really, cause yasmin is pretty expensive on the NHS but he gave it me.

We're not gonna be TTC for a few years, I get anxious at ovulation and pms time so I want a break.

Anyone else on the pill? xxx

I've been on the pill for about 5 yrs now and am ready to come off of it by November this year. (we agreed to use condoms though until prob 6 months later or so - we will see ;) )

I take micronor (generic brand) because years ago I had a blood test done and it showed i'm at a higher risk of getting thrombosis.

I am currently on the pill loestrane 20 and have been on it since I was 16, but tonight is my last pill then I start ttc :thumbup:

On microgynon but its not working for me anymore so hopefully switching to the implant :)

Hi! I went to the doctors on wednesday and asked to be put back on the pill. I feel like now that we have decided to wait I don't want my emotions to get the better of me and make any spur of the moment decisions that I might later regret : (

It really makes me feel like i'm running in the wrong direction though! But hopefully I wont be on it for long. Maybe only 18 months? Maybe I could tick off the packets lol!

I hope it goes ok for you. I hope that I don't have any really nasty side effects. but I guess its a wait and see game x

I used to be on microgynon but now I have been perscribed Yasmin. At least I have a better chance of spelling this one : D

i was on the pill before maddi hon :D for about 7 years, that was mircogyon, then after having her i went back on the mini pill, which i came off last august, due to my pcos as they wanted to see if some tummy cramps stopped from taking it, which is has. i shall def. be going back onto the pill once we've had baby number two :D

jellytots, when are you due to start it? My period will start in just over a week I think! We shall have to compare notes hehe x

hehe! I was planning to go on it just before my wedding. At the moment we are using condoms with the idea that our wedding night will be the first night without them since we got engaged! Its a good thing we are only have a 4 1/2 month engagement because they are driving me MAD already!! So I think that I will go on it on my next period which is mid june now.

One thing we should do is take a good multi vit, all pills can deplete nutrients such as the b's, which can cause mood swings and all sorts. I'm taking one from tesco's!

Ahh that sounds like a very good idea to me! I had awful mood swings before : )

Shortie I was on loestren and got pregnant my first cycle coming off it with my first child! good luck! xxx

I'm on microgynon :) only problem with it is that it gave me period pains :growlmad:

I'm on Dianette, getting my last batch (9 months worth!) in a couple of weeks so I'll be taking my last pill on 6th March 2011 before TTC. I love my pill because it gets rid of my spots!

Uh oh, we had sex last night and I'm prime time for ovulation. I haven't had any cervical mucus for a couple of days so I hope I'm okay!

Hi there
Yasmin is a good pill. Unfortunately, I am allergic to it, along with every other combined pill. But it made my periods very regular, painless and no headaches either.
Suppose it's a different story for everyone, but I do hope it works out for you bee :)

I'm on Dianette, getting my last batch (9 months worth!) in a couple of weeks so I'll be taking my last pill on 6th March 2011 before TTC. I love my pill because it gets rid of my spots!

I need some of that! My face is mank :(

I need some of that! My face is mank :(

It's fantastic, my doctor changed me onto a different one at some point and they all came back and it was horrible, I went straight back to him and got back on it!

I'm on the mini pill noriday at the moment as I am still BF I have a real problem with the pill making me moody, loss libido, and even worse bleeding all the way through my cycle so I'm stuck on what else to try but I've never tried the one you are on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->