Going back to work and would appreciate pumping advice....

diggory77

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm going back to work soon and my baby refuses to drink my milk from a bottle unless I'm the one feeding her! I'm going back to work two and a half days consecutively and my days are 9-5. She normally feeds first thing around 7am, 10am, 2ish and 6.30pm.
She recently started sleeping through (yay!) but since Ive gone back to do my keep in touch days this has gone out the window! She's been feeding at night again which I'm fine with. Just wondered if you would still pump at work for the 10 and 2 feeds to maintain supply on the days I'm in work? Or could I go without pumping and still have enough to feed her?

She is 9 months old
Xxx

I would be concerned about low supply if you don't pump. What milk will LO be getting while you are at work, if you are not pumping? Formula? Or do you have some milk frozen?

If you want to stop pumping at 1 year, you could either give alternative milk during those times or just water and solids, depending on how many nursing sessions she is having per 24 hours. 4 sessions is the minimum rule of thumb I've heard. So if she's feeding twice during the day and twice at night, that would be enough.

Hi seaweed eater. In the day she's just reliant on water and solids as she won't take any milk unless I'm feeding her the bottle or breastfeeding. I don't supplement at all. She won't drink frozen milk at all as I have high lipase and it makes the milk taste quite soapy unless its very fresh.
I'm going back to work properly from the beginning of December. So should she have a minimum of 4 sessions then or now?
I'm planning on bf until she's 2
Xxx

If you try leaving the house for a few hours and having a friend or family member feed your baby, the bottle will likely work. This has worked for most people I know. You shouldn't be there, or your baby will just want you.

I've left my baby several times all day and also just for a few hours with a bottle and she will not have a drop! :-( xxx

Have you tried a sippy cup like a doidy?

Yes, she will drink about an ounce from a sippy cup over the period of an hour or two, but its still not any decent quantity. I know she can take a bottle as she takes them off me and will happily drink 7oz. Stubborn thing! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->