going back to work this afternoon

Niamh22

Reaction score
hi ladies how where your weekends. not looking forward to going back to work as i had started to show so when people asked i told them i was pregnant not looking forward to all the i am sorry's and seeing the 3 girls who are pregnant

Oh my goodness. That would be rough. I'm so sorry you have to endure that :( I wish there was something I could do!

i had done so well keeping everything quiet then 4 people asked me on monday then miscarried on wednesday. i know once i am there it will be ok did keep praying that i would win the lottery at the weekend so i wouldn't need to go back.

Ha! If only Life was that easy hey? Jeepers. It sucks that happened like that! That you JUST started telling people and then you lost your baby. That is really hard :(

I know i decided as i was showing that i wouldn'tlie to someone if the asked me but if not would keep it quiet. but i just posted new thread as they want to retest my thyroid bloods as showing could be underactive said it can cause problems in pregnancy's. might google it

good luck for work today, at least it can be a distraction for you once you get over the first day and the questions. sending youy hugs and positive thoughts ... good luck x

:hugs: Good luck hun, I know how hard it is going back to work esp when there's other pg women at work. xx

i was in the same situation i hid away for a while. but once you get over seeing everyone for the first time you'll be ok.

good luck and sorry for your loss

xx

Is there a way you could send an email to the people you told. I just know for me the support of the people I told was wonderful, but I have never had to tell someone face to face. I think that would be too much for me. I want people to know, I just want them to know without me telling them.

Thinking of you x

Poor you, I hope people will be very sensitive, especially the pregnant women.

I totally relate to you, Croydongirl; I returned to work after my miscarriage (which happened the day before my 12 week scan but I hadn't started to show) and although I had only told a couple of close colleagues/friends I actually asked my boss to explain to my department the reason why I had been absent. She explained that I didn't necessarily expect them to say anything, just to understand that I was going through something ghastly. The thought of having to pretend I'd been off sick with some bug or other while I felt (and still feel) bereft was just too much and I needed people to know that. Most said nothing but there was a lot of unspoken support and I truly felt that not having to pretend made things easier for me in my work environment.

I think there is a lot of pressure on women to keep quiet until a supposed 'safe' period has passed but I now feel quite strongly that this is to protect others from embarrassment. While I would not want to cause embarrassment, I also don't feel that we should not have to paint on a smile and pretend everything's marvellous. You wouldn't expect someone to do that if they had lost their husband/parent/sibling and it should no more be expected of someone who's lost their baby.

Hope all went well Niamh22 x

hope your day at work went well.
i am also returning to work next week, with 2 pregnant ladies in my team!
am just starting to think about it now and really hoping i don't cry when i see them!

I totally understand. My little Angel passed on 1/12/11 and I am also due back to work. I don't know if I'm ready to handle all of the questions and comments either. I wish you much luck on your first day back. Take care and God Bless!!

https://lagm.lilypie.com/9Vgvm8.png
https://lt3f.lilypie.com/4namm8.png

It was hard as i asked my boss to let people know so i went thinking they knew everyone treated me as normal, so i thought i was coping well until one girl asked my how my holiday was, just completely broke down but it is done now and today will be easier thank you for all your kind words x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->