Going home?

Samanth

Mummy to a VIP & Engaged
Reaction score
How did you cope going home for the first night?.I don't want to leave little Noah! I live.very close to the hospital so it isn't to bad, but how did you find.it?

I had very mixed emotions. I couldn't wait to get back home and be out of hospital, back to some home comforts, DH and a bit of privacy, but at the same time, I couldn't bear to be away from Sophie. We live 60 miles away from the hospital, which was horrible, but we went up every day. Basically I just constantly lived for the next day when I'd go back and see her, and kept photos of her and a blanket she'd had in the incubator beside me.

We missed her like crazy though :(

Hope you're ok :hugs:

Hard ! Not going too lie but u'll be back before u know it and u get into a pattern very quickly , be kind to urself have a bath try relax alittle u need ur rest too be strong for ur little guy, I stayed in hospital 2 weeks before going home I cried the hole way home but once home, 'normal' life took over. I called the hospital last thing at night and 1st thing in the morning and was there by 9 every day, I agree with the above post take a blanket and have his picture are u expressing ?? Expressing kept me very busy while I was away from the hospital , its good your close too ur hospital so I sure u can visit anytime and remember your little man is in the best hands xxx

Thanks for replying. I'm dreading it. Yeah I'm expressing..So much inspiration from you ladies, big hugs

It is very hard to go home. I remember the day I knew I was being discharged and would have to leave my LO I cried from the moment they told me in the morning til the moment I left in the night. Then I cried basically every night then on when leaving the hospital. There are a couple of things to keep in mind though, they are in the best place possible, you can go and see them anytime you want (we had a couple of 2am's and a few 5am's) and for as long as you want, you are also able to give them a call anytime you want. These are things that helped me. :hugs::hugs:

its was very hard for me, The day i knew i was being discharged i cried ALL day, on the way home to drop stuff off before going back to see Reece the neonatal called and said i couldnt go back in that day because id had the runs (due to the iron tablets an the iv antibiotics they were pumping into me) Made me 10 times worse, but tbh within a few weeks it becomes 2nd nature, u dont want to leave them but know there is no choice, We had to leave reece for 102 nights :( then roomed in for 5 nights before taking him home. You will get there but it takes time. xx

I was actually relieved to get out of hospital. I had been on strict bedrest in hospital for a month. Part of it was because we had lost Rebecca and I wanted to be able to lie beside my husband and try and take everything in. We were going to a Ronald McDonald house across the road so it wasnt much different from me going to a different floor to the Nicu.

At the beginning holly looked so small and ill I knew that without the hospital looking after her she wouldn't survive so that put things in perspective to me. Although as she became a feeder & grower I struggled leaving her more.

Perhaps I have a strange mind :rofl:

I stayed in hospital relatives rooms after discharge, I wasn't ready to go home right away. The first night was utter crap when I went home I won't lie. After that initial night though it got easier. I bought a moving pic frame next to my bed and admittedly hugged her teddy for nights because I couldn't handle not having the comforting bump. I looked forward to going to see her in the morning and last thing at night. It just became our "normal" and it was ok!

I was actually relieved to get out of hospital. I had been on strict bedrest in hospital for a month. Part of it was because we had lost Rebecca and I wanted to be able to lie beside my husband and try and take everything in. We were going to a Ronald McDonald house across the road so it wasnt much different from me going to a different floor to the Nicu.

At the beginning holly looked so small and ill I knew that without the hospital looking after her she wouldn't survive so that put things in perspective to me. Although as she became a feeder & grower I struggled leaving her more.

Perhaps I have a strange mind :rofl:

I was more like this, relieved to go home actually, and at peace knowing my son was in the very best place he could be. He couldn`t survive without all that machinery so that`s where he needed to be. I felt at peace knowing he was in good hands. I visited every day for as long as possible (between expressing every 3 hours :wacko:). I think honestly the reason I was so calm is that we were told at first he wouldn`t survive the birth, then that he wouldn`t live long, then that he`d be severely handicapped etc etc. So I gues just knowing he was still alive every day was a huge blessing.

After a while when he became stronger as 25weeker said THEN I got emotional and impatient haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->