Going into Year 1!!!

MilitaryMummy

Mum to Macie Brooke xxx
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I know the schools have just broke up but I do like to be prepared.

My dd will be starting Year 1 in September.

What do they need? Does she need a backpack or stick to her book bag?
Do they need a pencil case etc?

Sorry feeling a little lost as she's only just turnt 5 too...

Growing up way to quickly xxxx

I think your year one is the same as our primary 1 in Scotland. I have all the same questions too. Iv been told school will provide pencils etc but I will probably still give her a pencil case. And I'm buying a bag_rucksack as my daughter will have packed lunches so she will need a bag to put her stuff in

It may depend on the school but I have never heard of a primary school not providing stationary. My twins start year 3 in September. Thru infants we have only been asked to provide a school bag and PE kit. I am assuming it is the same in juniors too as we have had no letters home to say otherwise.

My daughter is going into yr 1 and shr just sticks with the book bag and pe bag. They dont do backpacks until yr 3 in our school x

I think your year one is the same as our primary 1 in Scotland. I have all the same questions too. Iv been told school will provide pencils etc but I will probably still give her a pencil case. And I'm buying a bag_rucksack as my daughter will have packed lunches so she will need a bag to put her stuff in

This. My dd1 is going into primary 1 (in less than 4 weeks!!) and she will have a school bag (think she wants an over the shoulder one) and a pencil case with pencils/rubber/sharpener. No idea what she actually needs to take, but im assuming she will need these. I am just trying to thjnk back to when I was at primary school... Many years ago... Hah!

Joshua has just finished Yr1. He needed:

book bag (we got him a small packpack instead)
Water bottle
PE Kit

Just book bag here and water bottle. Pe kit stays at school.

My daughter also starts year 1 in september but my older girl goes in to year 5 - they weren't actually allowed to take pencil cases until the juniors (year 3) so until then it's just a bag (book bag, backpack, whatever bag they want), PE kit and water bottle (plus pack up obviously if they have it). Absolutely nothing different to reception.

Scary isn't it - my daughter isn't 5 until the end of August, I don't like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->