going on holiday without ds??

Mummy2B1989

Reaction score
Long story...we applied for my sons first passport 6 weeks ago. We have been phoning for progress for a week as we fly tomorrow only to be told that someone would call us back. Call back never happened so my oh drove from Glasgow to tge durham office where we were explicitly told it was being dealt with. Got there to be told they didnt have it and to phone said call centre back. I had asked a dozen times if there had been a problem with the actual application so that if need be I could arrange a one day thing..no joys with them telling me yet again.

Phoned local mp who made 1!!!! Call to be told there was a slight problem when Processing application.

Now we have to decide whether to go alone and leave our son with my parents..or not go and throw £3500 down the drain?

what would u do?
Ive never gone more than 48hrs away from my son

go and enjoy it :thumbup: i have never left mine and just after she was 1 i went on a hen do to ibiza then after my wedding my honeymoon and dd was fine and really bonded with my parents best thing i ever did x

If your parents are willing to help out and you trust them I think you should absolutely go and enjoy yourselves!

This sounds silly but even tho hes 2 im scared he forgets me lol.

We did it when DD was 8 months old. We went to Dominican. As parents we need that alone time and since she was our first there was a lot of adjusting and a lot of being parents rather then a couple. We swam with dolphins and relaxed and most of all reconnected. Now that you have another on the way Id say go get your you time in before the baby arrives. Not gonna lie I thought I was going to be fine till the night before when I cried my eyes out. My daughters hair was so wet from my tears. 6am we went to leave and I almost jumped out of the car at the lights. But I am glad I didnt. We had a great time and probably wont get another vacation for a long time now. Go and have fun! And now instead of a family vacay have a romantic getaway!

Your son would never forget you your his mummy :hugs: like the ladies said, if your parents are willing to help then just go and try enjoy yourself, 3.500 pounds a lot of money to waste xx

Go! Have fun! You might deal with a shy/clingier tot after you come back, but it'll be good for you.

I've been away from my son a few times (I don't prefer it tbh, but it's a LOT more relaxing a vacation when he's not there and DH didn't want to take him with us the last few times). Before he was 1 yo, he was fine. We face timed once and he was happy. We went without him again around maybe 2 yo or so. He sadly developed an eye twitch for a little while afterward. He was shyly smiling when we came home and hid from us for a few minutes before launching himself onto us. It's kind of sad, his eyes still get twitchy if he's anxious, so I don't think that time was too good for him. And the last time, we went when he was almost 3 yo. We face timed once as well and he had a blast performing for us on the iPad. No eye twitch that time and he was extremely excited to see us.

As long as he's in good hands, he's good. You might have some anxiety though. I had to take sedatives the first few nights away from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->