Going on the contraceptive pill

jillypoop

Mummy of one
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm not on the pill but am thinking of going on it. :witch: has just arrived after being a week and a half late and my boobs are so sore I (or OH!) can barely touch them.

My PMS is insane, I cried for half an hour before because OH has gone out this afternoon and will be back later on. Poor OH didn't know what was happening!!

Me and OH aren't going to start TTC for 2 years (hopefully earlier depending on financial situation) so looking at going on the pill but unsure which one.

What type are you guys all on? I've never been on anything so a bit worried, not sure which one is right for me and hoping for everyone's advice here.

Thanks

xxx

Hey hun best thing u can do is ask your Gp and she will give u the best one suited to you, everyone has different requirements.
Important thing to remember is give it a month or so and if it doesnt agree with u there r plenty more to choose from.
I could only go on Cerazette the POP (progestrone only pill) due to being obese and any others werent recommended.
Im off the pill now, it made me put on weight which isnt great when you are already chubby lol. xx

the pill is really a very individual thing, what works for some doesn't work for others, it's just a case of trial & error to find what is best for you. I am on cilest and have been for years and years now, it took a while to find the right one for me and tried many others before this one was found right for me. your GP will be able to help you with this :)

Iv been on loads of different one's. Go see your gp and they will try you with one, give it a few months and if it dosent suit you they can change it.

Talk to your GP and see what they think is best for you. It's frustrating but it may take months to find the pill that's right for you.

I was on Alesse for 3 years, but it failed to regulate my period (my period wouldn't always come on time and still wasn't just 5 days like it's "supposed to be"), but it worked in terms of providing reliable contraception. I was still having a LOT of PMS (I actually had more on the pill than I do now without it)... it also lowered my sex drive quite a bit, and I wasn't happy with it, so I asked for a change.

Went on Tricyclen Lo.. got pregnant the first month on it so I can't really say if it was any better, LOL.

TBH I like not being on the pill, lol... I'd recommend something other than the pill if you're up for it but I'm not sure what really.

i've been on the pill called 'Microgyon 30' for 2 years now. It's really trustworthy, i know exactly what day i get my period and i'm always prepared for it. But in the last 6 months or so, my periods have got heavier than when i was first on it and more painful too >_<
thinking about going on the jab, but heard some bad stories about it, so staying on the pill for now =]
I recomend Microgyon =]

Anything but Yaz. It made my periods longer. Loestrin worked well for my emotions and I only had my period for three days and it was light. It has low estrogen which is nice. But i agree with everyone else, the pill acts differently in everyone. Good luck!!

i agree, def go to your gp and talk it through honey, that way you can find what ones right for you :) lots of luck xx

the doctor will put you on what is suited to you. i was on microgyon30 and after my 2nd child for some reason that pill made me sick, they put me on cilest, i started suffering with frequent headaches so they changed my pill to cerazette, that made me sick, and headaches carried on so they put me on Micronor, i still suffer with headaches so im not taking it now

Im on microgynon, which ive been on for about 8 years. I recently decided i wanted the implant, so i had that put in, but it did all sorts of crazy hormonal things to my body, so i am getting that taken out (tomorrow!!!) and going back on microgynon. Microgynon suited me fine, i was just forgetful, thats why i tried the implant, as it seemed easier. I think microgynon is the most common one, the one they start people with, and then if they have problems with it, they take it from there and rule out the others one by one.

I was on the pill for many years before ttc and tbh I would not put another one in my body now. If you are wtt I would personally avoid messing around with your body's hormones and try to find a natural method that suits you, and may be look at other means of reducing pmt. After spending 27 months of my life ttc with no fertility issues I am convinced that the pill is evil - I was on it for about 11-12 years. I know a lot of ladies in ttc and lttc on here who feel the same as me too. :hugs:

Hi! I was on femodene for about 14 years, stopped taking it in Feb this year. Have to say i loved being on the pill, no worries about getting pregnant, no period pains or pmt, periods predictable to the hour (could even skip the week off if didn't want to have period at a particular time) and i personally had no side effects at all. However...when i came off the pill the first month was horrendous. Had really bad headaches (never get headaches), covered in spots (never get spots!) and so tired and down it was ridiculous! Obviously it was just the hormone imbalance and everything is back to normal now but i'm not sure i'd go back on the pill again. It just made me think about what i'd been doing to my body all that time. Since starting to think about TTC and looking into things i've realised that getting pregnant actually isn't that easy (after years of refusing sex for a week after taking the pill a few hours late!) and as there's only a few days a month that you can conceive it's actually very easy to 'be careful'. I guess you just have to weigh up the pros and cons but as someone who was obsessed with NOT getting pregnant for so long i would definitely say you should do a bit of research before making a decision. Sorry for going on so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->