Going on the pill?

angie79

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
i need some advice girls

We lost our little bean recently and after a long chat we have decided to wtt until december - we are chatting about the pill and condoms at the moment - he says he doesnt mind and has left it up to me - tbh i dont really see condoms working for us but i'm willing to give it a go.
I was just wondering if anyone knew that if i went on the pill (the mini pill) when the best time to stop it would be before we ttc as i'm worried about how long it will take my body to get back into a proper cycle again after i stopped taking it.
- in time for us to ttc.
Any advice would be great

xx

I'm very sorry for your loss. If you're planning to try in december anyway, I personally would not go on the pill now. It's just more hormones for your body to sort out. If you're going to use condoms try Mates Skyn, they're latex free and much more "natural" than normal ones. If you want to be extra safe (or fancy the idea of not having to use condoms all the time), I think natural family planning might be for you. It's a way of charting your waking temperatures plus cervical mucus or position to tell you when you're fertile and when you're not. Persona does the same thing but slightly less reliably and by you poas. If you want more info on nfp, I think fertilityfriend.com has an introduction. Or read Toni Weschler's Taking Charge of your Fertility.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

I have to agree with Amygdala. It seems there's little point in starting on the pill again. I've just come off the mini pill myself with the view to charting until I TTC in August. I read loads and loads of different things about when the best time to come off the pill was and in the end I just decided to give myself a good 6 months or more off it, so that I was completely hormone-free and so that I got to grips with my cycle and temping and charting.

Condoms really aren't that bad, you know. I think there's a lot of negativity towards them but my DH and I have used them since we first DTD and they cause us no problems at all.

I'm very sorry for your loss. If you're planning to try in december anyway, I personally would not go on the pill now. It's just more hormones for your body to sort out. If you're going to use condoms try Mates Skyn, they're latex free and much more "natural" than normal ones. If you want to be extra safe (or fancy the idea of not having to use condoms all the time), I think natural family planning might be for you. It's a way of charting your waking temperatures plus cervical mucus or position to tell you when you're fertile and when you're not. Persona does the same thing but slightly less reliably and by you poas. If you want more info on nfp, I think fertilityfriend.com has an introduction. Or read Toni Weschler's Taking Charge of your Fertility.

i love my persona however my oh hates it as i got pg using it - will be using it when we ttc i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->