Going over your birth story

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Just wondering if since posting your birth story on here have any of you gone back & read it again??

I just read mine again & shed alot of tears. Its amazing what you forget 7 weeks on

No, I prefer not to. I tried reading the birth notes from my MW, and I just am so not ready to face it.

I have and it's only been 5 days! I'm proud of my birth story, I wouldn't have had my labour any other way

I read mine it brought back many happy memories but made me broody again too lol xXx

i always think back to my birth story and think of the first time I saw her..... awwww!!

Yes! And she's only a week old!

Even though it was soooo long,it was by far most adventurous,exciting days of my life! So I love my birth story :D
I have it saved on my pc too...

I haven't looked back to my one on here, but I did rewrite it on my journal.
It upsets me. I love my little man more than anything on this earth, but his birth still gets me irritated.

Yeah read what i wrote but would love my Notes. There's lots of things i've forgotten, like how much blood i lost etc

I'd rather not remember the labor and delivery unfortunately :(

i think il read mine again i never thought of doing that i get all emotional with births now cos i think of it as such a happy and amazing experience, i was watching a programme on people giving birth the other day and i was crying lmao xxx

Yep although mine wasn't the finishing thing, we're doing a proper one to stick in a file for when Thomas is older :)

just read over mine but i didnt really write much info because it all happened in 25minutes from start to finish!

I dont think I posted mine here, but I think about it all the time, it wasnt what I wanted, well I dont think anyone would WANT an emergency c-section !!! Like I said it wasnt what I wanted but it must have been what Dec wanted cus he wasnt willing to come any other way!!!

Like I said it wasnt what I wanted but it must have been what Dec wanted cus he wasnt willing to come any other way!!!

I think Ally must've wanted his too, he went as far as to get his head stuck so he didn't have to come out normally! Actually, I don't think he wanted to come out at all. The surgeon had to yank him out so hard that LO had a bruise the shape of a handprint on his back.

Don't really want to think about mine too much so I won't be reading it. I have asked OH a few questions about what he remembers about it all, it's all a bit hazy to me and I didn't know things about what happened running up to the c-section or immediately after.

ah im kinda glad i had a emergency c section in the end as he was 8,15 born and im only tiny lol but it was very scarey at the time xx

prompted by this thread i did...

1. i hadn't thanked anyone for their congrats! oops, apologies...(i'd never gone back to the thread before just now!)

2. it's very matter-of-fact and lacks emotion

3. sounds negative, detached

maybe i should edit a version of it this week, two months on...still keeping the original. no one i know has read it either, and i don't know what they'd make of it...
thank you original poster, sorry i can't remember who it was, it has shown me how far i've come, and how i'm much better than i was at the time of the birth, emotionally and physically...i think i'm on the mend :cloud9:

I wonder if we wrote our birth stories again now, without reading the original, how different they would be. i might do it, just to see how differently I feel now!

That's a good idea!!

I think mine would now concentrate less on the negatives & more ob the good /funny parts like farting in the docs face :) Arghhh good times!!

I'm with the others that don't want to read it, i hated my experience and still everyday i think about it and why certain things happened. I feel cheated and it still almost brings me to tears. I will get over it i guess.

I know the most important things is my lil angel is ok but that goes without saying its what every mom wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->