Going to tell the MIL today ... This could be interesting!

ChristiansMum

Mummy of 3 and 1 angel
Reaction score
So the day has come that my DH wants to tell his mum the news! He doesn't think it's fair that my mum knows and his doesn't. Which I can understand but my MIL is very opinionated.

When we told MIL I was pregnant with my DS she actually said would you like me to take you to the clinic cause she is too young to be a nan (which obviously after HOURS of crying I told her were to go!) After I had my DS she told me I was ALLOWED one more if I wanted so we went on and sadly had a mc and even then she turned round and said 'are you sure you was pregnant in the first place?'. Then a few months later I fell pregnant with DD and all she could say before we found out the sex was 'bet you hope it's a girl cause you are having no more!'.

She has got 5 children and my DH is the oldest but only 4 of the will have babies as my BIL is mentally disabled. She has put a ban on us having any more than 2 kids each cause Christmas and birthdays will just be too expensive!

So this afternoon will be interesting I think ...

Sorry but what f ing bwich trying not to get banned :) who the hell does she think she is. I would like you to be very straight with her if she is funny. I would do it for you lol. I can't believe that. Poor you. Do not let her make you upset.she clearly has issues. Good luck x

She sounds horrible. And very self centred and a bit of a drama queen. I think you should take a wet fish around to slap her in the face with.

she is defiantly a character! she isnt a 'hands on' mum/nan though! we never ask her for anything she has never had any of her grand children over night (she has 4) and the longest she has ever had any of my children is an hour and that was when we had to go do her shopping for her!

My SIL (who already knows) said she will pop over for a cuppa when there mum comes over so if she says anything I know she will stand up for me cause as she says 'If we are happy then she is happy its no one else's choice' x

Your mil has no right... And your sil has the right attitude...

Its your and your dh life... X

Well I hope she keeps her mouth shut and is happy for you. Such a shame when you have family that are like that. I have a SIL who has treated me like shit throughout my ivf and she will be pissed off when we share our news. I am still ao worried though and really hoping I have good news to tell at xmas x

well my SIL didn't come over but MIL has just left and I should of had a camera out cause her face was a picture!

But she was ok about I don't think she believed us! but all she really said was 'But Isabel isn't even a year old yet' but thank god thats out the way and she now knows x

can you please videotape her reaction and post it here so we can all watch her craziness? Thanks! Haha.

Do you reckon she's gone away to think about it before coming up with the craziness?

Wow.

I'm at a loss for words. What an absolutely horrible woman. You should just tell her its triplets. Damn! :nope:

Do you reckon she's gone away to think about it before coming up with the craziness?

Probably! She has messaged my SIL and apparently I need all the luck in the world cause we are going to struggle!xx

Ugh! Poor you, she sounds like a handful! I hope she doesn't come up with any nastiness over the next few days.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->