Going to TTC as soon as poss after MC is over

Aquarius24

Mummy of 2 beauties!
Reaction score
Hi, I am currently going through either a MMC or BO mc...have not passed anything yet as I was only told on friday that the baby had not developed. Just wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience and how long did you wait before trying again and did it happen straight away? How long does it take to get AF after the MC bleeding stops? So many questions Im sorry...I am just eager to start again x

:hug: I am SO sorry you have to go through this!

I am also trying right away after my miscarriage. I was 6 weeks long, I bled for about a week. Now I am just waiting for my Beta to get down below 20. My OB tells me that is when my hormone will be low enough to start ovulating again.

My best friend had a miscarriage 13 years ago and was pregnant with her now 12 year old son the very next month so I know it is possible!

I know that some women will ovulate before they get their first AF I hope you and I are like those women! =)

Very sorry Aquarius :hug: it's a awful time for you. Everyone here is very supportive and can help and understand what your going through :flower:

I was 7 weeks on when I mc in July I bled approx 5 days, my hcg went down to 0 pretty quickly within 2 days so then you restart your cycle.

I wanted to try straight away so I used my opk's but never got a strong positive result so not sure if I missed the surge or even ov'd? Anyways didn't catch the egg if there was one as I got my af exactly 4 weeks from day I mc (normal cycle for me)

I know depending on your hcg and that you pass everything ok depends on how quickly your cycle return to normal.

My 1st proper cycle has just passed today, I had a shorter cycle this time 25 days compared to 28 and unfortunately didn't catch the egg again :nope:

You'll know when the time is right for you to try again, everyone feels different.

Hope this answers some of your questions & take care x

so sorry for your loss :hugs: I had a mmc but had the medical managed option (tablet and pessaries) to get the baby out that was 11 days ago, I was 10 weeks but baby had stopped growing at 8 and a half weeks. I stopped bleeding after 7 days and I think today is the start of my periods as i've started bleeding with cramps ect, also I did a pregnancy test today and the line was so faint dh could not see it but i tested posative for ovulation. :hugs:

Very sorry Aquarius :hug: it's a awful time for you. Everyone here is very supportive and can help and understand what your going through :flower:

I was 7 weeks on when I mc in July I bled approx 5 days, my hcg went down to 0 pretty quickly within 2 days so then you restart your cycle.

I wanted to try straight away so I used my opk's but never got a strong positive result so not sure if I missed the surge or even ov'd? Anyways didn't catch the egg if there was one as I got my af exactly 4 weeks from day I mc (normal cycle for me)

I know depending on your hcg and that you pass everything ok depends on how quickly your cycle return to normal.

My 1st proper cycle has just passed today, I had a shorter cycle this time 25 days compared to 28 and unfortunately didn't catch the egg again :nope:

You'll know when the time is right for you to try again, everyone feels different.

Many thanks for your comment love, it reassures me that everything will be ok and I like to hear from you all who have gone through a similar experience. I'm really hoping nature will take its course now...had a few pains last night but still nothing.

Hope we can be buddies on our journey to BFPs in the future!

xx

Many thanks for your comment love, it reassures me that everything will be ok and I like to hear from you all who have gone through a similar experience. I'm really hoping nature will take its course now...had a few pains last night but still nothing.

Hope we can be buddies on our journey to BFPs in the future!

xx

It's no worries it's nicee to be able to help out if you can, it's such an awful time for you.

I didn't suffer too much pain during my mc just mild cramps and bleeding wasn't so heavy either, considering what alot of other people experience, I work in healthcare and come in contact with people having mc, so I believe I was lucky if you can say that. My current af is much heavier than the mc I had - didn't sleep too well with it last night, guess my cycles have changed!

Hope it all passes ok for you and you don't suffer too much pain :flower:

Thank you FoxForce, hopefully wont be too bad for me too xx

Hello aquarius sorry about your loss. I also had a m/c on august 9/10. I was 11.5 weeks but baby passed at 6. I had a d&c on august 9 and we started ttc right away. Yesterday I got my bfn so hopefully this means my body is back to normal. Not sure when to do a hpt again but I will let you know how it goes. Also I will be going for my 4 week follow up with doctor on sept. 8.

:kiss: hi luv, my thoghts are with you.
my fisrt m/c was this time last year and is still fresh in my mind, i went for fisrt scan to be told they couldn't see anything, even though the sack had continue to grow, i didnt start to bleed for 5 days after scan, i did it naturally as just wonted to be with d/p we had been trying for 5 yrs so was broken.

i bleed for 8 days and passed to two large objects, i then had a period 2 weeks after, i had to get some strong painkillers from docotors which literaly knocked me out,
this is a horribly thing to have to go through, just remember to keep talking to friends or on here if needed,

love and wishes are coming your way.

sorry luv forgot to say, some doc's say wait 3 months for body to settle down, but others say try when you feel you wont to.xxxx

i went though 20 hours of labour and gave birth to a baby girl i was only 6months and a half preg she died an hour later of giving birth with it took 4 weeks for my Hg level to go back to normal and i stop bleeding atfer 2 weeks and then i had a period in july and just had another period 7 days ago we are trying this month for a baby

i went though 20 hours of labour and gave birth to a baby girl i was only 6months and a half preg she died an hour later of giving birth with it took 4 weeks for my Hg level to go back to normal and i stop bleeding atfer 2 weeks and then i had a period in july and just had another period 7 days ago we are trying this month for a baby

Omg I was in tears Reading this. So so sorry for ye loss Hun and a wish you all the best xx

Hi, I have just had a mmc, the sac came away a week ago yesterday. I have stopped bleeding and I too am looking to try asap. I have been advised to wait 2 weeks from passing the sac - providing the bleeding stops before trying again. Good luck x

Hi, sorry to hear about your m/c - it isn't easy..

I had a m/c Aug 18 2007 (first pregnancy) at 7 weeks. The bleeding was very heavy for 2 days and then eased up and was completely gone within the week. We went away on holiday - it was booked and we thought it would be good to get away.

My gp is useless, so she never said anything to me about anything - waiting, hcg levels etc. so we didn't even think about any of that stuff.

We went back to the UK for 10 days (DH is English- West Midlands) Anyway, it was difficult at first, but we decided to enjoy ourselves - lots of laughs with friends, most nights too many ciders and blacks for me and lagers for DH, and to be honest we shagged like rabbits for almost 2 weeks (tmi sorry). All that said, came home, had a follow up appointment with ultrasound end of Sept. and was pregnant! We had our littl'un May 5th 2008 - his due date was May 21st so he came early, but his original due date was only 6 weeks from the due date of the littl'un we lost in 2007...

So, I think if you feel ready, and you want to be preggers, go for it...

good luck and i hope all goes well

Hi, sorry to hear about your m/c - it isn't easy..

I had a m/c Aug 18 2007 (first pregnancy) at 7 weeks. The bleeding was very heavy for 2 days and then eased up and was completely gone within the week. We went away on holiday - it was booked and we thought it would be good to get away.

My gp is useless, so she never said anything to me about anything - waiting, hcg levels etc. so we didn't even think about any of that stuff.

We went back to the UK for 10 days (DH is English- West Midlands) Anyway, it was difficult at first, but we decided to enjoy ourselves - lots of laughs with friends, most nights too many ciders and blacks for me and lagers for DH, and to be honest we shagged like rabbits for almost 2 weeks (tmi sorry). All that said, came home, had a follow up appointment with ultrasound end of Sept. and was pregnant! We had our littl'un May 5th 2008 - his due date was May 21st so he came early, but his original due date was only 6 weeks from the due date of the littl'un we lost in 2007...

So, I think if you feel ready, and you want to be preggers, go for it...

good luck and i hope all goes well

Thank you hun for this post..made me giggle when you mention shagging like rabbits! ha.... wow that really did happen quick for you! One thing i dont quite get is...will I ovulate straight away then after I stop bleeding?? After just reading your post again it appears we must do!! My mw said to wait at least one af before trying...why is this? something to do with the lining of the womb? anyway we will most likely take the approach of 'shagging' but not thinking about it for a while xx

Hey Aquarius24 - how are things going?
I think you are probably right about why the doctors tell you to wait, but I really don't know anything about it. I don't know about the ovulation thing either, but one of my friends, who is a nurse, said that after a m/c is when we are very fertile...She also had a m/c (twins) and conceived straight away....My sister in-law had a m/c in April, waited one cycle and is now due in Feb....So, who knows really...
I hope things are going alright and that you are feeling okay...
You'll know when you are ready.. :)

Hi everyone I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your losses,
I had my first m/c on the 14 of august and when I had a scan there was also a mass on my right ovary which worried me because no one is telling me what it is or what to do next!! Anyway I was having cramps like period cramps on Thursday and Friday so I went to see my gp and she said I could be pregnant again as I've not been using any contraception or anything..sorry for rambling on I just wondered if there is anyone that's got any advice xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->