Gonna be a 1st time mum, and now petrified!

Louloubelle78

Reaction score
Tonight the enormity of the fact that I'll soon be a mother in just over a month has hit me like a ton of bricks.

Suddenly, as well as being excited of welcoming our son into our world, I'm truly petrified all of a sudden.

I'm suddenly questioning everything:
Have I done all I can to carry him healthily?
Will I be a good mother?
Can I do all to provide for him?
Will I feel the rush of love?
Will he love me?
Supposing he grows up to be a serial killer lol????!!!!!

I know I'm being stupid as we planned this pregnancy, and now I'm so scared that I'll be crap. My OH says I'm being silly, and he said he's here too to help, and that at the moment he's sooooo excited, but he knows as soon as my waters break he'll be terrified too!

Anyone else feeling like this or felt this way?

Please tell me that these fears are normal, and that these feelings will go away?!

I have had the same feelings on and off too. I am excited to be a mother, but am having a really hard time visualizing it. It is a crappy feeling as I wish I could just picture myself there. I think every first time mother has these thoughts though. As far as I've been told it is totally normal and everything will fall into place!

Yep all normal. You can't imagine being a mother until you are one and then you will just learn as you go. I promise you will be fine. He will love you because you will be his number one. And you will love him too although it may not cone immediately like you see in the films. Just do your best and you will be great. :)

I have so been getting this my
Entire pregnancy since 13 weeks... I think it's normal... I have step children and have done the mummy thing part time but I still get petrified at it some days... Then some days I'm totally cool and excited lol...
I think it's hormones and new things... I couldn't imagine being married before I did... I couldn't imagine being pregnant and round :p now I am :)

It will come I think in time when baby comes will all fall into place :)

I think I spent a lot of the pregnancy worrying about the actual pregnancy... is she moving enough, did I drink enough water... now I'm at the holy crap I'm going to be a Mom stage as well!

We also planned this pregnancy, but I have no idea what I am doing at this point or how to be a Mom!! I think the worry is because you want to be a great Mom, and you are realistic that this is a huge job. But I hear it is so worth it and amazing :) I just keep telling myself it will all fall into place.

Pretty sure that's all normal. I feel the same way at times and in my situation I have lots to worry about! I've been feeling much more relaxed lately now that I finally have settled into a place and have things set up for baby, but I still have my moments of panic. Usually they're centred around whether there will be something wrong with the baby and how many things I did wrong while being pregnant like not knowing I wasn't supposed to drink green tea or this or that. Or what the delivery will be like. But I also stress about what mummy life will be like, how will I possibly master breastfeeding, what is it going to be like having my baby finally in the house with me... lol. You're definately not by yourself.

Thanks so much ladies. I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying and over thinking so much!

I really wish my mum was still here to talk to too (as explained in a previous thread I started, she died aged 62 in December after a sudden stroke :( )

But I'm glad I've got you ladies here to sound off on too :)

So sorry to hear of your loss. I have been really lucky to have my mom around for my first pregnancy. I know your mom is looking down on you and is guiding you through. I have prayed so much to my grandmother's that have passed and can feel their guidance through my pregnancy everyday!

Im so worried about regretting my baby, that sounds awful but its really worrying me that I am going to have a child for the rest of my life! What if I get sick of being a mum?
So sorry to hear about your mother too x x

Sorry to hear about mum. Mine has been around lately, but we were out of touch for nearly a decade and obviously don't have the best relationship, so I totally get what it's like to not have one around and especially for stuff like this. It's really hard.

Thanks so much ladies. I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying and over thinking so much!

I really wish my mum was still here to talk to too (as explained in a previous thread I started, she died aged 62 in December after a sudden stroke :( )

But I'm glad I've got you ladies here to sound off on too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->