Good comebacks ;-)

Jewel07

Reaction score
Anyone got any good comebacks for some of my 'friends' who want to insist on keeping on telling me how painful labour is and how hard newborns and being a new mother is?!

I've posted before about this particularly that I'm petrified of labour and daunted about caring for a LO mainly contributed by the friends who keep on at me every time they see me. Now I'm after comebacks and I'm ready to be a bit*h back!!! Lol

just show her some hypno birthing videos and tell her that no two persons will deal with birth in the same way, nor is every birth going to be the same x

Anyone got any good comebacks for some of my 'friends' who want to insist on keeping on telling me how painful labour is and how hard newborns and being a new mother is?!

I've posted before about this particularly that I'm petrified of labour and daunted about caring for a LO mainly contributed by the friends who keep on at me every time they see me. Now I'm after comebacks and I'm ready to be a bit*h back!!! Lol

I'm pregnant with baby #2 (baby #1 just turned 13 :haha:) and I stand by the best advice I ever got was to "ignore everyone's advice" and I would tell them that. I'm ignoring everyone's advice and creating my own experience and hope that if I'm relaxed and laid back...so will this baby.

You'll be fine. I'll be honest, I've done this once and I'm nervous about delivery this time around...but I'm just learning to relax. You'll be great!

Are your friends parents themselves? It's just the WORST when people bang on about that and don't even have kids!

I'd probably come back with something sarcastic, like "Oh THANK YOU I hadn't thought about that! Which is especially odd considering you bring it up EVERY TIME I SEE YOU. Any chance we could change the record?"

Are your friends parents themselves? It's just the WORST when people bang on about that and don't even have kids!

I'd probably come back with something sarcastic, like "Oh THANK YOU I hadn't thought about that! Which is especially odd considering you bring it up EVERY TIME I SEE YOU. Any chance we could change the record?"

Yes they have kids and I swear they think thy are superior! I've got a few friends who know im scared and constantly try and reassure me ill be ok, but others, well, one was
Practically critisizing my birth plan and laughed when I said I didn't fancy an epidural. Then went on to tell me 'your not very good with pain though are you' I mean what kind of friend says that to another who has a few weeks to go when I'm already nervous! Hubby is great and constantly tells me to ignore them and ill be fine says just coz I'm not good with physical pain who says I won't be different when coping with labour and birth? So I said that back to her and she was like 'oh labour is the worst most excruciating pain you can imagine' with a big condesending smirk on her face. yea thanks love!!

"if it were so hard people wouldnt have more than one" lol

Yes they have kids and I swear they think thy are superior! I've got a few friends who know im scared and constantly try and reassure me ill be ok, but others, well, one was
Practically critisizing my birth plan and laughed when I said I didn't fancy an epidural. Then went on to tell me 'your not very good with pain though are you' I mean what kind of friend says that to another who has a few weeks to go when I'm already nervous! Hubby is great and constantly tells me to ignore them and ill be fine says just coz I'm not good with physical pain who says I won't be different when coping with labour and birth? So I said that back to her and she was like 'oh labour is the worst most excruciating pain you can imagine' with a big condesending smirk on her face. yea thanks love!!

I don't believe a word of this. Look at animals giving birth - they seem to cope ok? I think anyone who says labour is the worst most excruciating pain you can imagine must have gone in with the wrong mindset, or just be trying to look clever. Ignore them and tell them you are ignoring them! You'll be brilliant :hugs:

I don't believe a word of this. Look at animals giving birth - they seem to cope ok? I think anyone who says labour is the worst most excruciating pain you can imagine must have gone in with the wrong mindset, or just be trying to look clever. Ignore them and tell them you are ignoring them! You'll be brilliant :hugs:

Thankyou Hun. I know it's so hard to go in positive when ppl say things like that to me. This person had two csections. Anyway gotta keep positive!

I go for the guilt option; "Cheers for that. That's made me feel lots better. What do you do for an encore; telling me my life is finished?" etc. That tends to shut them up or backtrack. If it doesn't I go on to say "Not the most helpful thing when people say that although given most people seem to do it, it can't be that bad. Perhaps it was just particularly difficult for you? [said with a little wink to make the point but not to offend]"

All in the delivery as to what tone you want to convey but I HATE listening to people say how horrible and hard it's going to be. Another one is "Sleep now, you won't be able to what the baby comes!" Oh bite me. x

I go for the guilt option; "Cheers for that. That's made me feel lots better. What do you do for an encore; telling me my life is finished?" etc. That tends to shut them up or backtrack. If it doesn't I go on to say "Not the most helpful thing when people say that although given most people seem to do it, it can't be that bad. Perhaps it was just particularly difficult for you? [said with a little wink to make the point but not to offend]"

All in the delivery as to what tone you want to convey but I HATE listening to people say how horrible and hard it's going to be. Another one is "Sleep now, you won't be able to what the baby comes!" Oh bite me. x

Thankyou!! Ill try those I'm gonna have to start saying something ppl can be so mean!!

Oh the sleep one is my fave too. Or 'make the most of your house being this tidy' oh feck off!!!! Surely they're all part and parcel!! Or another 'you won't know what's hit you' yea thanks!! Lol xx

Thankyou!! Ill try those I'm gonna have to start saying something ppl can be so mean!!

Oh the sleep one is my fave too. Or 'make the most of your house being this tidy' oh feck off!!!! Surely they're all part and parcel!! Or another 'you won't know what's hit you' yea thanks!! Lol xx
Well to that last one you can say "Neither will you when I run you over with my car - enough with the baby doom!" x

Well to that last one you can say "Neither will you when I run you over with my car - enough with the baby doom!" x

Lol!!! Brilliant!!!
:laugh2:

Gall stones is the most excruciating pain you can imagine :smug:
Labour doesn't hurt animals like it does humans, as we have massive heads :(

Anyhoo, I think you should ignore them and when you've had the baby, tell them all the things they DON'T want to hear (like how the pain wasn't as bad as expected and you didn't realise you were in labour for a while etc etc) even if you have to lie. Who's to know?!
Good luck, but ignore the people trying to scare you like that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->