Good Double Buggy for a newborn and 16 month old in the countryside!!

Bumblebee2408

Mummy to 2, pregnant with #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Hoping to get some advice off some mum's. I have a LB who is currently 8 months old and will be 16 months old when new baby arrives!! This is already a scary thought for me but anyway I'm rambling.... :haha:

I have already started looking around at double buggys. I was thinking more a tandem for ease when we do go into cities (as my family are all based in a huge city. Most of my time is spent in the country in a very small village (not even a small shop nearby lol.

I Originally had a Britax Affinity but had so many problems in the end mothercare refunded us and we got a babyjogger city mini gt. It's the best thing we ever bought so easy to use.... Anyway hoping for some advice on some double buggys from people who have experience with them.

I've currently being looking at: phil & teds, babystyle oyster max 2 and the babycity jogger select. Personally hoping for a carrycot for newborn as well as seat for my son hence why I've been looking at these..... Any suggestions are welcome

I realise this not be the best place to post this but fingers crossed you can help me.

Many many thanks in advance for any advice.

Xxxx

I've also see the icandy peach double bit unsure if it will manage the country roads round here xx

We have just bought the BJ city select. We are planning on having another pretty close after this one so wanted one that converts into a double.

I really dislike the phil n teds - the baby in the back stares at the backside of the one on top and if you take the baby in the front out it can tip (learned that one the hard way!)

I'm quite fond of the baby jogger city select... although i'm think i'm leaning towards a side by side; I think with some of the lengths of tandems the "ease" of them actually disappears, I mean the majority of decent side by sides fit through most doorways. The donkey, the indie twin, and the moutain buggy duet are all on my list atm :)

I really like the idea of the baby jogger city select but i'm not sure that it would work out long term, i'm going to go and have a look at it :)

The abc zoom looks like it might be a good tandem :)

I have a Phil & Teds we got it with DS as we also live in the countryside with 2 dogs so do a lot of offroad walking but I am not keen on having it as a double for #2 (DS will be 21 months when #2 is born) I do not like the idea of one of them basically dragging on the floor (especially off road walking)!

So I have been looking at the mountain buggies and the Out'n'about nipper double - both are good for off roading but they are side to side but narrow and I believe you can have one sitting on one side but have a carrycot for the newborn!

Anyway these are what I am looking at right now but we will see :shrug:

Any other suggestions on here I will be following :thumbup:

Twag -- I saw the out n about nipper recently at a farm, It might have just been the owners but they were really struggling! They couldn't even fit it through the doors into the restaurant.. I just looked and it's 72 cm wide! The mountain buggy duet is only 63 in comparison :) Doesn't seem like much does it, but i can imagine it makes all the difference when you find yourself stuck half inside a shop door and get stuck haha. :)

The mountain buddy duet is my leading my list at the moment! I like the bumble rideer indie twin but it's an american pushchair and availability is slim in the uk. Besides I really begrudge knowing that it costs 720 usd and then costs the exact same amount in pounds :/ .... typical

I have a City Select and find it really good. We do a lot of walking in the countryside so a tandem with one seat low to the ground wouldn't be good- I'd be scared a rock jutting up would hurt the child at the bottom. The seats in the City Select are roomy and I love that both children can see rather than one kind of being shoved underneath like shopping :haha:. I love being able to change the positions around too; I had the baby in the carrycot parent facing and my toddler facing forwards, then when my little one was older they'd sometimes face each other or both face forwards, it was handy.

Yeah Mountain Buggy is my leading favourite too at the moment :thumbup: we have so many gates to get through on our walks which is a squeeze with my P&T let alone something double the size! :wacko:

I will take a look at the city select :thumbup:

Thanks everyone this is very helpful going to look into some of the additions on here gotta admit the phil n teds is bottom of my list atm for the reasons you all mentioned.

It was a consideration I know both people who love and hate them for many reasons got a while before I have to buy yet ananyway.

Just looking for ideas. Keep adding ladies if you think of any more :-D it all helps xx

I'd definitely recommend the Mountain Buggy Duet! I've got the 2012 model and it's been great, been using it since DS2 was born and planning on using it when this baby is born too. It does get a bit heavy to push at times but that's to be expected when I've got nearly 4st of kids in there lol. The only fault I could really pick with it is that it's heavy/bulky to lift in and out of the car. I make OH do it although it's not a big issue as I use public transport most of the time so it never really gets folded.

I have a single Bob and a side by side. It is the width of a wheelchair so it does fit through most door ways. I love both of them. I was handed down the side by side, and plan on using it often. We actually used both all week last week navigating though Disney world and had no issues for the terrain.

The Bob is what all my friends used, a bit pricey but well worth it

I have the 2015 uppababy vista and love it. Washable stain proof material... We took it to a national trust woodland the other day and it surpassed all our expectations. Turns at the push of a finger - I honestly can't recommend enough. The 2015 is pricey but bar adapters for the carrycot to fit on (which aren't too bad) it comes with the seat unit for older baby and the lie flat bassinet for newbie. I'll have 17 months between mine and it was recommended to me by a friend who owns a cider farm and has two under two... She says it's the best buggy they've ever had - and she had the older model which wasn't as suitable for a newborn and toddler as mine.

Out and about Nipper 360 gets my vote. It's such a lightweight buggy and so easy to push over rough ground. I have the single version and I love it.

Baby Jogger City Mini GT. is a side by side and covers all terrain. We've had ours for a year and is brilliant.

Puggyflump I have the single of that with my son and it's fantastic, how do you manage when in stores etc? Is it quite wide it looks it xx

Hi, it looks big but really is just under the width of a standard door. I didn't believe it at first but have never got stuck yet!! Can get in and out of our front door with no problem.

Out and about nipper all the way ! Used it with my twins and would highly recommend it !

Ooooh stalking this thread. I need a double, preferably a tandem, that you can attach the car seat too as it is for school runs so any recommendations would be great xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->