Good educational/learning toys for a nearly 9 month old?

SmileyKez

Reaction score
I think LO is getting bored of the toys he has, and I think they are probably a bit young for him now, can anyone recommend some good educational toys that are good for development at this age?

He's getting a lion walker and some vtech stuff for Christmas and his birthday, so I'm looking for something's that aren't too expensive and not vtech!

Leapfrog stuff :haha:

In all honesty though wooden simple toys, blocks and peg boards are a great buy

My lo is very tactile so he enjoys different textures as things he can physically manipulate. Stackers, sorters, board books, soft toys, musical instruments, cars, etc.

Lily is the same age (but was a month premature so may be behind a little) and she likes to play with anything she can chew on. She also likes her jumparoo. I was thinking of getting a little barn I saw where she could learn to fit shapes into different holes in the side, it's cute, but I am not sure she could figure it out yet.

A xylophone was a big hit at that age. He didn't use it properly, but enjoyed it anyway.
We got a bunch of empty plastic containers with lids, cut holes in the top, and showed him how to drop things into the holes. Like big popsicle sticks, bottle collars, large jug caps.
You can also shove scrap fabric into them and have lo pull the fabric out through the holes. Pretty much anything that involved putting things in and taking them out of containers was a big hit at that age.
A box of baby/toddler cutlery was also really entertaining.
Stacking cups.
We found a toy dump truck and filled the bucket with different colored, smooth, too-big-to-fit-in-the-mouth stones. He could fill, empty, and push it around.

I think my LO is most interested in board books. He especially likes the ones that have noise buttons and the "lift a flap" books. He can't push most of the buttons on his own, but he likes being read the stories. He is bored with most of his toys though and wants me to carry him, help him walk, or interact with him. He really enjoys his pop-up tunnel and his Elefun though.

Emilia's current favourite toys are her bongos, bouncing tigger, cookie jar sorter and stacking cups. plus books. likes turning the pages on the board books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->