Good news kinda

What a rollercoster dear! 5 years? Is he mad?I am going through a similar thing with my guy. He is so worried about money, and my health, and loads of other stuff. I think it would be so much easier if we had an "accident"
:hugs:

I think so. My grandma agrees with him,too, so now he really won't change his mind. In fact, she tried to make me promise her I wouldn't get pregnant until after I graduated. Um, no!!!

OMG I think I'm going to die!!!

I know what's gonna happen. I'll graduate, then he still wont want a baby. Then he'll say,"Oh let's wait a few more years to get your career off the ground." :sad1:

So sorry that he says you have to wait that long. My OH is also wanting me to wait until i finish my degree before we can try and like you i'm sure that once that happens in 2 years he'll come up with another reason that i'll have to wait a few years more.

I know how you're feeling, and i'm sorry to hear of all the stuff he said to you about only wanting a baby because everyone else has one, that's awful!

I know, I had to call him out on it!!! That's what my family thinks as well. So I'm very alone in wanting to add to the family. My mom just had a talk with me about how I shouldn't have a baby until I go thru college and get my career off the ground. Not everyone can or wants to wait 5+ years for a babe. :cry:

Its so tricky - you could wait all that time for nothing!
I think men need to be eased into the idea of having babies.

I was a proud non-parent - just seeing the hassle and financial drain - until I hit 30 and then its like something clicked and now I'm desperate to start a family.

But... I think your bloke isn't going to have that switch.
Is he open to talking about it at all?

My bloke has asked that we wait 'till Jan 2010.
But I can't stop talking about it and he's joining in conversations about parenting techniques and learning about baby nutrition and everything - he seems to be taking it all in....

Maybe you need to chip away at it...

He'll talk with me about it, but won't change his position. I mean dang, what's the big deal? We were going to go thru it anyway.

I know how you feel, my OH is exactly the same. And doesn't understand that waiting that long seems almost impossible to me :( why are men so slow to mature?! Lol

I know how you feel, my OH is exactly the same. And doesn't understand that waiting that long seems almost impossible to me :( why are men so slow to mature?! Lol

*sigh*
Sometimes men are the biggest babies jk. I dont see how he or anyone could possibly expect me to wait such a long time without going insane.

:cry:

So we talked about it some more. He says he's really afraid of me getting pp depression, wanting baby after baby after baby, and about my education.

Sorry not replied for ages, had no net for a few days. I don't know what to suggest really hun, education can always be put on hold if need be. It's not like once you had a child it would be impossible. And a lot of people get depression after having children, but there are many ways to treat it. Hope he comes round :hugs: x

^True. It's not like college is going to grow legs and run away. I can go back at some point. I could always learn a trade or two.

He does have a good point about the depression. I'm high risk for ppp b/c I recently had a death in my family. :(

He does have a good point about the depression. I'm high risk for ppp b/c I recently had a death in my family. :(

It's not definate that you will though, that's your decision at the end of the day. I can't believe he changed so drastically! 5 years?! I found that when I stopped pushing my BF so much about TTC he seemed to ease up about the idea a bit.

Perhaps take a break from thinking about it, or at least mentioning it (I know it's hard) and then sit down, just the pair of you, and discuss how YOU feel.

It's not definite that I'll get ppp, but I'd probably get some counseling beforehand and after babe most likely. I'm also at risk b/c I can feel isolated due to lack of family support (mom really gets on my case).

Lately I've been trying really hard not to ask for a baby. I didn't ask all today, I dont think i asked yesterday. That's doing REALLY good for me.

5 years is waaay to long, I can't believe he changed so drastically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->