Good old Justin Bieber

R

robinator

:dohh:

https://m.usmag.com/?redirurl=/cele...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

I honestly do not think he meant it in a bad way at all. I have seen interviews with his mom and grandparents and my God they are all really good people. He has a lot of values this kid that he has taken with him through his success.

I think he said it jokingly and it was blown out of proportion .JMO :flower:

I could see how some might be offended, but I have also said things jokingly and really meant no offense. I think he should just apologize and move on .

Wait cause he said Biebler? meaning she would have been a fan? Is that what he meant, just want to make sure I am reading it right?

Yeah, he wrote that in the guest book, that she would have been a fan. I don't think he meant offense, either, but he seems to be missing a filter. When he met Obama, he called him "my dude". He needs a lesson in tact, it seems...

I took it as to mean that she would have been a "Belieber" meaning fan.

I also took it as to mean that it would be a huge compliment to him had she been alive today to listen to his music and be a fan, but that's just me. I honestly hand on heart do not think he meant it in the way that it is being portrayed... although one would hope that he'd put a bit more thought into stuff like that before writing it.

I can totally see why everyone is upset about it!

ETA:

I feel that way more for the entire thing he wrote:

“Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber,” the museum says he wrote.

:wacko: He shouldn't have wrote it in the book. But honestly I really don't think he meant any disrespect. I think he is just young and don't really think before he speaks.. :flower:

I love World War II history and love Anne Frank. But I really don't find this offensive. I think he's just a silly kid. I do think he needs more of a filter since he's a public figure though.

I dont see the big deal. Personally i am not a Belieber, but i think he meant it in a light-hearted way and not to cause offence. I kind of thought it was funny.

There are places to be light-hearted, but I don't think the house where one of the most enduring and tragic victims of the Holocaust lived and was finally discovered to be transported to a concentration camp and murdered at the age of 15 is one of them.

It's also not the place to swagger and make hand gestures at the paparazzi: https://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18km0s96au53ijpg/original.jpg

I feel sorry for the boy, as he had no normal childhood to speak of and his formative years were spent away from his family, but like a lot of people he is forgiven far too much because of his supposedly Christian values.

He will probably never understand how crass and inappropriate his behaviour and words were, but I don't think it's any reason to normalise it. He's not a kid anymore. He's 19 and needs a reality check.

There are places to be light-hearted, but I don't think the house where one of the most enduring and tragic victims of the Holocaust lived and was finally discovered to be transported to a concentration camp and murdered at the age of 15 is one of them.

It's also not the place to swagger and make hand gestures at the paparazzi: https://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18km0s96au53ijpg/original.jpg

I feel sorry for the boy, as he had no normal childhood to speak of and his formative years were spent away from his family, but like a lot of people he is forgiven far too much because of his supposedly Christian values.

He will probably never understand how crass and inappropriate his behaviour and words were, but I don't think it's any reason to normalise it. He's not a kid anymore. He's 19 and needs a reality check.

I am the one who said values, to clarify I said VALUES not Christian Values. A person doesn't have to have a religion to be brought up the right way by his parents or single mom or whoever . Just wanted to clarify that, i did not bring religion into this and don't think it has anything to do with it. As for the rest of your post that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. :flower:

I am the one who said values, to clarify I said VALUES not Christian Values. A person doesn't have to have a religion to be brought up the right way by his parents or single mom or whoever . Just wanted to clarify that, i did not bring religion into this and don't think it has anything to do with it. As for the rest of your post that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. :flower:
You're just one of many people who praise him for his "values" (he seems to base his value system on his evangelical Christian beliefs) and my post wasn't actually directed at you, but at the situation in general:flower:

You're just one of many people who praise him for his "values" (he seems to base his value system on his evangelical Christian beliefs) and my post wasn't actually directed at you, but at the situation in general:flower:

LOL, I don't praise him. I simply said I see the way he talks about his mom and his grandparents and how he holds them is such high regard. I have seen interviews with his mom and she seems to me to be a good person who instilled a lot of good things in her son, that is just my perception. :flower:

OK! I do find it sad that people who are in the public eye at such a young age seem to always get screwed up though. I actually can't think of an example where this hasn't happened.

Even the bloke who played Harry Potter is apparently a recovering alcoholic who's fallen off the wagon again and he seemed pretty stable.

I honestly just think he wrote it and didn't think. But to write something like that you have to be pretty full of yourself :haha: Hence why I think he's a massive tit :dohh: There's a time and a place for silly comments, and that was not one of them lol

Those pictures were taken at the museum? Wowwwwwww.....I'm actually speechless. Not a common occurrence :haha:

Speechlessness has ceased.

When people walk around making gestures like that, no matter who they are, it sends to message (to me, anyway) that everything is just a big joke. Because if it wasn't, then why would it be so hard to act like a normal person and control yourself? Based on that, acting this way is extremely disrespectful when visiting a place like the Anne Frank Museum. Having the light of stardom shining on you really ought to make you think twice before acting like a douche, but like someone said he's young. But that's no excuse. I'm rambling now. sigh.

well he is 19 now. Soon will not be a teen no more, whats left for him? may as well go out being a bad boy than fade away. Hes having a hard time coping with growing up.

Tacky, trivialising and tasteless, not malicious but very egotistical in what should have been a humbling occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->