Good old Justin Bieber

It's also not the place to swagger and make hand gestures at the paparazzi: https://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18km0s96au53ijpg/original.jpg

Those pictures were taken at the museum? Wowwwwwww.....I'm actually speechless. Not a common occurrence :haha:

OK, changed my mind. He's a douche. I'm sorry, but he is old enough to know how to respect a somber time in history and use some common decency.

I'm sick of hearing hes just a child. I was 17 when i visited Auschwitz along with 30ish of my peers and we were smart and mature enough to show respect, act appropriately and be adult.
Theres a time and place to be an idiot, i'm sure he loves the front page scoops, but this was NOT the time.
He needs to grow up, act his age and stop blaming his misactions on being "young".

I also think its disgraceful the press followed him there to be honest, it takes the focus on what its about and puts it on some silly stupid boy.

I think he was trying to compliment her, but his gigantic ego got in the way. I agree that at 19 he's hardly a child, but I can only imagine what constant flattery would do to a person. Too many young stars lose their minds when they hit adulthood.

I also think its disgraceful the press followed him there to be honest, it takes the focus on what its about and puts it on some silly stupid boy.

Agree 100%. Although unfortunately when has the media ever cared about anything other than a headline? Okay that's unfair but vast majority of media outlets are in it for the scoop and who cares if they are being sly/intrusive/rude in going about it.

I hadn't seen the pictures from outside the museum. Tone can be hard to understand through written words/text... but those pictures are just disgraceful. Frustrating when I would absolutely LOVE to be able to go to the Anne Frank museum or some of the camps. It is a big part of history and should be remembered (respectfully).

I cannot even fathom standing outside the museum and making flippant gestures. :wacko:

I'll disagree: I don't think it's disgraceful for the press to have followed him there. If the public didn't care about every little detail their favorite star does, the media wouldn't be following them around.

I'll disagree: I don't think it's disgraceful for the press to have followed him there. If the public didn't care about every little detail their favorite star does, the media wouldn't be following them around.

I've always thought this but to an extent it's the other way around, press and media dictate to people what they should be interested in, the more something makes headlines and front covers the more people think they should be interested in it.

I agree that he isn't a child, he is fully responsible for his actions and what he did was just plain disrespectful.

I'm not sure that's true. It's the excuse News International journalists have used to defend their practice of illegally tapping politicians' and celebrities' phones and listening to their voicemails - that the public apparently wants to know.

I think it does a disservice to the public. If we didn't have paparazzi trailing the stars and reporting on their every move, I'm sure people wouldn't mind.

But yeah, it seems like chicken and egg scenario.

Agree the press are aggressive. This is why I wouldn't like to be a celeb.

I just think of all the times that the press has been negatively involved with stuff, if it were merely an instance of asking for a story/statement and if told no that was it then fine - but they buy these crazy telescopic lenses that can shoot in from miles away. Its creepy really. But then people gobble up whatever story they were able to find and the vicious circle continues.

That being said, getting to be a celebrity one should have a good idea of what comes along with it. Still no excuse for being a douche though. :nope:

^^yes, telephoto lenses onto private property is one thing, but a museum is a public place. I don't think the media was crossing any sort of boundary by following him there.

Stupid way to behave. He is on some kind of meltdown and from the outside (because obviously we dont know what people who are close to him are saying/doing) you just want to scream at the people around him to give him a slap/wake up call/anything to stop this, but it (again from the outside) doesnt seem like any one is.

Year 10 (so 14 years old) we went to a concentration camp with school and there was not one of us who didnt cry, wasnt really affected by it and it has stayed with me forever. It is pretty hard to believe at nineteen he thought writing that was a good idea.

I will say, living over here one can feel really removed from it all. There is nothing here (imho) that can relate to the camps and whatnot that is over there.

That being said however, it kinda makes me even more "wtf" that he could be so flippant. I don't know anyone IRL who has had the chance to be there, so it seems to me he should have been even more respectful? Not sure is that makes sense. :s

Again, when it was just the words I could see how they were upsetting and that maybe it was taken out of context.

The pictures bother me even more, and then I question his thinking on writing what he did. :wacko:

From what I understand, if a child has something traumatic happen to them (like abuse), they tend to stop their emotional growth at that age. So if they are abused at age 14, say, and they are now 20, they still behave/think/emote like a 14 year old. I've heard the same can be said for child stars, which is why they tend to act out when they are in their 20's; like they are now trying to live life, but do so at an emotional age of when they made it big.

I think that may be why he is lacking the maturity chip, even though he is 19; inside he's still 12 or 13, or whenever his career took off and his childhood thus stopped. Plus he probably has people around him all the time, telling him what to do and say, or just plain kissing his ass and never telling him no. All which don't help him learn how to operate in the real world.

Totally sounds like I'm defending Justin Bieber of all people, lol! Just thinking out loud, why he might act the way he does.

ETA: when I'm referring to abuse which stops emotional growth, I mean recurring abuse, like a stepfather who begins to molest his stepdaughter, etc. Something ongoing, not usually a one off. Just wanted to clarify.

Tiff, it does make sense. Like because you guys are so removed you would expect it to be even harder hitting, iykwim.

robinator, I was thinking the same thing about never being told no. When you always have 'yes men' surrounding you it must be pretty hard to stay normal and therefore behave normally.

Interesting about the abuse/child stars things. That is like Michael Jackson and so many other child stars isnt it?

You don't have to be cognizant that you're a douche to be a douche... I don't think he meant any harm but he was kind of an asshole to assume a person who went through very traumatic experiences would be his fan if she were still alive. He needs to understand he's not everyone's idol.

Who knows, maybe he was trying to crack a tiny joke to relieve the tension and somber attitude that visiting that museum can create. Obviously he failed but still a more understandable explanation?

Agree the press are aggressive. This is why I wouldn't like to be a celeb.

I totally agree. Some things just aren't worth the money.

From what I understand, if a child has something traumatic happen to them (like abuse), they tend to stop their emotional growth at that age. So if they are abused at age 14, say, and they are now 20, they still behave/think/emote like a 14 year old. I've heard the same can be said for child stars, which is why they tend to act out when they are in their 20's; like they are now trying to live life, but do so at an emotional age of when they made it big.

I think that may be why he is lacking the maturity chip, even though he is 19; inside he's still 12 or 13, or whenever his career took off and his childhood thus stopped. Plus he probably has people around him all the time, telling him what to do and say, or just plain kissing his ass and never telling him no. All which don't help him learn how to operate in the real world.

Totally sounds like I'm defending Justin Bieber of all people, lol! Just thinking out loud, why he might act the way he does.

I've never heard that before, but it makes a lot of sense.

It seems like child stars are often treated as brands instead of human beings. There are always handlers around to protect the investment of the people making money off of them, so they don't get the chance to learn responsibility and independence. When they finally get old enough to make their own decisions, they don't have the maturity to do it. The public expects the star to behave like a nineteen year old even though he's always been treated like a twelve year old.

That's my take on it anyway. It was a stupid comment, but I think you have to consider the source's mental age. Of course, I could be completely off as I'm a little old to be a Belieber. I did love the Backstreet Boys back in the day though. :haha:

Justin Bieber isn't on my radar as anything more than a fluffy little pop star joke, but when I read what he wrote, I actually felt sorry for him. For sure it was massively egotistical, but I wonder if he was trying to be complimentary and not just to himself? Like was he (very awkwardly) trying to say that she would have been a fun, cool girl - something that I would guess he likes to think that his fans are?
Not sure I am making any sense, but I wonder if he was mostly just the victim of expressing himself really badly here?
Another thing I found myself thinking: he didn't have to go to this museum for any promo reason, right? He went there of his own accord? Which gives him just a little bit of cred in my books. I actually am less inclined to dismiss him as so much pop star fluff if he is trying to connect in some way with a really horrifying part of human history.
Just a thought. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->