Goodbye benefits?

Brilliant idea. We do need a overahaul with the benefit system. Like PP said, it's not going to harm those that genuinely need benefits. Im fed up of people living like kings and queens because they're taking the government for everything they've got. They should have to learn to live with the basics, like those of us who work do. If you want something nice, work for it. I get so sick and tired of seeing most of the people I know take the piss out of the system.
The ones I can't stand are those girls who have children, who say they're on their own, when infact their partner lives with them, who works full time. So they have about a thousand pounds every month, plus the girls benefits, to live off. All their rent is paid and so is their council tax. It drives me crazy!

Can't wait for them to get the ball rolling. I hope it's not just all talk and no action though.

im really worried now ive read this article !! are they saying people will have money cut? im on income support and carers allowance my severly diabetic daughter gets disability living allowance and we get child tax credits. its complicated so i wouldnt mind 1 payment but what if i lose money from the changes !! i dont have enough as it is i care for my daughter 24 7 i have to be up in the night with her and she cant go to school all day i have to collect her and bring her home at dinnertime as her blood sugars are too unpredictable. im also having my baby in 5 weeks time should i be really worried? i actually feel sick now x

Emmi hun. You genuinly need beniefits. I am sure they won't cut your money :hugs:
xx

Emmi they really haven't said what they'll do but I would be hard pressed to believe the restructure will put the same money into the system. Unfortunately we have to wait and see what is announced in the detail.

Emmi hun. You genuinly need beniefits. I am sure they won't cut your money :hugs:
xx

thankyou i just get upset when they make it sound like everyone is on the take and will be getting their money cut. im the first to say it needs changing because the systems way too complicated trying to fill out my daughters medical forms took 3 weeks and 2 biros !! then i had to repeat the process for the carers people too !!
by all means make it simpler but i hope they understand not everyone is out for what they can get !!

great idea :) can make sure benefits are going to people who actually need them :)! c

I read a comment on this on fb. Not someone I know. They suggested there was something wrong for the tax payer to be making work pay through subsidy instead of businesses just paying a fair wage.

I read this on bbc news.

Its not really cuts its just making the system for efficient

I read this on bbc news.

Its not really cuts its just making the system for efficient

But we don't know that yet as no detail as been released. Being more efficient might include lots of higher thresholds so that people a proportion of people don't get benefits they did. Or it might not. Jury's still out.

They did say the changes will take 5-10 years to put in place so there isn't anything happening in the immediate future. So don't worry to much yet ladies. And hopefully those genuinely in need wont see any changes anyway.

Hm I read today that changes will start from this April but take a while to roll out.

Hm not looking so positive now: https://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/oct/03/david-cameron-welfare-reform1. Cut support for families and the elderly to cover costs getting the unemployed off benefits (but not necessarily into work) in order to make savings over the next 4 years. And the rest if the plan is some intangible fog probably never really to happen.

This angers me but I also understand to a extent.

I understand people need to work but there will be some people left out. There just is NOT enough jobs out there for people atm. I would be bummed lol I live in a rural area and I dont have a car. I look after a disabled son and I dont want him going to someone and then worry all day about who has him. I would like to do the process gradually if I had to and not feel forced.

I also think its a good idea in hind site but I dont understand until more details are realsed. I hope things dont leave people hard out cold and resort to crime to get money. I would rather scroungers than criminals that are a threat to my children!

I dont understand the articles to be honest and by the time its all done and dusted it will probably be time for another election x

Wait a minute so people who are working will still receive benefits? I dont see the point in that. And this is an attempt to prevent fraudulant claims?... So what about the rest of us that actually are in genuine need?

Bad idea if you ask me.

But both DH and I work and need benefits blue. When we have two kids in near full time childcare we will have to find about £14k a year for it and with no state support basically DH will have to give up work. People still need benefits to be able to work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11464300

So no big surprise there then. No CB for those FAMILIES earning over £44, 000.

Blimey so much for the pre-election promises on protecting universal benefits. :( In fairness is exicitly says personal incomes of £44k not families where the two incomes are less but might add up to £44k. More about trying to get the other person in work. But it sounds very unfair for single parents who won't have the option of sending a partner out to work. I wonder how they'll deal with that?

I so hate the Tories. All in it together. I'd like to see George survive on £44k pa. But no there's certainly nothing ideological about how the very great majority of cuts are coming out of welfare, something the Tories have never agreed with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->