Goodbye little one

WhisperGirl

Roll on February 2025
Reaction score
I started spotting last week, just old brown blood. Over the course of a few days it continued before becoming much worse. The cramps began and were strong, quite like after pains that you get after labour.
I was with a group of friends and we were filming a documentary in Manchester, so it was quite hard to say anything, but I went to hospital with a friend and was told my cervix was still closed. The next night, a little sac came away along with a tiny little baby. I wrapped them up. Long story short, I came home and contacted the priest, and we buried the little baby in my daddy's grave.
I'm heartbroken and very upset. When I told my mum I was traumatised, she informed me it was 'too strong a word' so as usual, I not even allowed to feel how I do. I don't know what to feel:(

I'm so sorry for your loss. Let yourself grieve, your mother clearly doesn't understand.

I'm so very sorry. Don't listen to her! Can't help how you feel

That is awful! I am so sorry for your loss and your experience. It absolutely sounds traumatizing. I have had two miscarriages in the past year and the first one I still have flashbacks from the experience. It is quite normal to feel the way you do but I do urge you to get some help with counseling. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. It is traumatising, and please don't feel like you need to bottle it up. It's your body, and your experiences. I hope it gets easier for you x

Thanks girls. The thing is, she lost a baby at 7 weeks too. That's why she said it was too strong a word to call it traumatising. I'll never understand her.

I am really sorry for your loss and it sounds really insensitive, what your mom said. Even if she feels she has gone through "worse" things herself, you cannot compare people's pain and grief. :hugs: :hugs:

I am so sorry hun :( your mother is insensitive.

I'm so sorry for your loss.. I'm glad you had a proper burial, if it was me I think that would help my healing process. You can feel however you want to feel, no one can tell you how to recover from this.. Bless your baby angel and sending you love and strength <3

I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of a child at any age is absolutely traumatizing. I hope that you're able to find the support that you need. x hugs x

So very sorry for your loss and for your mother's reaction. No matter how early on, I can't imagine it being anything other than a traumatizing experience.

I'm so very sorry for your loss...take the time to grieve the way YOU need to. Not how your mother thinks you should. Will keep you in my prayers...again I'm so sorry for your heartache:(:(:(

I am so so sorry. I understand. I too feel traumatized from my loss. So much love and light to you... <3

I am so sorry for your loss, and sorry for what your mother said :hugs: I think some of the older generation have a 'tough it out' attitude which can be unhealthy, don't feel bad for the way you feel :hugs:

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had the chance to say goodbye properly. Maybe your Mum thinks that saying something like that will lessen your pain in some way. Or maybe she's insensitive. Either way, try not to focus on her, take time to grieve and look after yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->