Google is the devil please help

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
So the past couple weeks ive been feeling this really uncomfortable pressure in my uterine area. I keep telling myself its normal and probably just the baby growing a lot these past couple weeks. But since I have a doctors appointment today I figured I would google it to see if its something worth mentioning to my doctor. Now im worried that I may be having contractions and that something could be wrong. I heard my LOs heartbeat last night and it was good 145 but now ill spend the next hour or so stressed out worried that something will go wrong at the appointment or that this could be a sign of incompetent uterus or my body going into early labor.... Anyone else have this pressure and it not be anything but baby growing and all was fine....

Yes I frequently have pressure and growing pains and cramping and all is well here :flower:

Oh yeah. It happens every couple weeks for me but goes away :)

Stretching pains can feel a bit like cramps. You might also be having Braxton Hicks, which are mostly painless - although uncomfortable - practice contractions. You'll know it when you're having real contractions. You won't need to ask if you're in labor lol.

I had it pretty bad two weeks ago but it improved more or less after I spent 2-3 days laying down a lot and drinking water.
I still feel it now but it's less severe. I also remember feeling this way in previous successful pregnancies that went full term, but I don't remember how far along I was
Did you mention it to the doctor? What did they​ say?

I had feelings like that! It's really normal like these other ladies said. Try to stay hydrated as that can lead to more BH if you are getting those.

Thanks ladies, and I mentioned it to the doctor he said that its probably just the baby and its normal and nothing to worry about...

Oh man. If I roll in the bed, if I get up too fast, if I sneeze, pretty much any quick movement I am SO achey. Totally freaked me out too, I worry nonstop that somethings going wrong with the baby! However I think this is totally normal. This is the farthest along I've ever been in a pregnancy, and thinking about all the growth/movement of organs/etc is crazy!! Our bodies are just adjusting. Don't stress!

sounds like braxton hicks to me

Is it safe to have braxton hicks this early and I've been having the pressure since about 12 weeks of memory serves correct but it could have been a little later

Yes it is safe to have Braxton hicks this early. I have had them off and on since around 12 weeks. Some of it is just stretching and some of it is BH. Hang in there!

I had them really early on with one of my pregnancies. My doctor told me to take a warm bath and some Tylenol and rest. One girl in my pregnancy group said she was told that if she has more than 6 in an hour to call the doctor or go do l&d

Could be braxton hicks. Your uterus will feel hard and uncomfortable. The solution is usually to get up and walk around a bit and drink a big glass of water. These are only a problem if they come more than 4 or 6 times an hour and won't stop, ask your doctor when he/she'd like to be notified.

Could be growing pains. I found they felt a lot like menstrual cramps at times. If you feel menstrual like and there's no blood, you're likely fine.

Could be braxton hicks. Your uterus will feel hard and uncomfortable. The solution is usually to get up and walk around a bit and drink a big glass of water. These are only a problem if they come more than 4 or 6 times an hour and won't stop, ask your doctor when he/she'd like to be notified.

Could be growing pains. I found they felt a lot like menstrual cramps at times. If you feel menstrual like and there's no blood, you're likely fine.

Thanks ladies, I emailed my doctor about them and they told me to drink lots of water and just try and relax and see if it eases them coming on. And they have which im happy about that theyre not worried about them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->