Gosh!!!!!! Its like being taken over

calm

Reaction score
I think I might have mentioned this before is some way, but I felt it so strongly a minute ago I had to come running and share it with you all, I sometimes feel like there is an uncontrollable different identity in me, dormant, waiting, but every now an again, it shows itself. When does it show itself? Only sometimes, not always, when things to do with babies appear.

Let me explain myself, because its not exactly classical broodiness I am referring to. I was feeling absolutely fine, happy, watching the tele and biting into a biscuit, and then, you can hear a baby cry in the programme. I don't burst into tears, I'm not uspet, but my eyes fill with tears and my chest becomes tight, and there is a strong emotion there, extremely strong, it likes comes out of a place I cant describe and takes over. As I say, I am not sad, don't feel sad, just extremely emotional. Then it goes away. Like a passing mist. I get this when I see or hear a baby, I am quite glad to say, it doesnt happen a lot, but enough to make me pay attention and listen to myself in astonishment.

I have always wanted kids, and have gone through moments of stronger broodiness, and other moments I didn't give it too much thought. For me the worse trigger was seeing my husband's aunty with her LO. When I saw her, I was not prepared for what I felt. I was just stunned, and I was taken over by this feeling, I just keep feeling the need to go out as my eyes would fill with tears. I was like hypnotized. My husband held her in his arms and smiled at me, they looked so beautiful... ever since then the identity has been very much present. I don't know if when comes the times I will get pregnant soon or not, if I will be fertile or whatever, but I can really say that my body and mind is screaming out to "evolve", yes, just like a pokemon, into "mother", and as a pokemon I have to work at it, if I want to evolve into "mother"

P.S. Yes, I know, I have just talked about serious subjects, and then compared myself to a pokemon, I like playing pokemon! so what? :happydance:

I have been watching TV before and heard babies, crying, laughing- anything! And i've become emotional, tears in the eyes - but like you said, its not sadness. Its weird!

Lets all try to evolve into mothers!

its called maternal instinct- hense why when we want babies (as in NOW NOW NOW!!!) we become obsessed and crave them- we just have an urge to protect them, its our animal instinct!!! xx

I have been watching TV before and heard babies, crying, laughing- anything! And i've become emotional, tears in the eyes - but like you said, its not sadness. Its weird!

Lets all try to evolve into mothers!

Yeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

its called maternal instinct- hense why when we want babies (as in NOW NOW NOW!!!) we become obsessed and crave them- we just have an urge to protect them, its our animal instinct!!! xx

You've got me singing the cranberries now, all afternoon I bet, all your fault!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Whenever I see the Cow and Gate advert with the babies laughing it always gets me mega broody!

I get really choked up when I see pregnant women

When i was shopping the other week, i had to literally run back to my car as i was so overwhelmed by all the babies and pregnant people out and about!

those cow and gate adverts are the worst for me! There's the one when the dad is talking, you know the one that says "i promise to never tell you my mum thinks you're holding the baby wrong" among other things. There's another one (not sure if it's the child's trust fund or something) when the dad is holding the baby looking out of the window. It's just the thought of my hubby holding our child just overwhelms me! :)

Here you go... I got the brand wrong, it's SMA not C&G...
I couldnt find the extended ad, but here's the short version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBrdDP2Sp_w

and here's the trust fund one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_s7b--VXnw

Totally get choked up at those adverts.

Weird woman hormones - cannot control 'em!

I do love the advert with the dad saying 'i wont tell you my mum thinks your holding the baby wrong' can't take my eyes off it I just want that!!!

xx

What I would like to know, if anyone has the strange feeling that this urge, this emotion, comes from like a separate place, I just can't put my finger on it, its just like sometimes I am all well and dandy, and wuuushhh this thing comes and I am like "holly sh*t what was that?", don't think I am very good at explaining it :(

lolz bless you :)
i have a really strong sense of broodyness at the mo but im not reduced to tears yet lol ^_^
i'm only 16, 17 in July, but my maternal instincts (as people put them) are driving me insane, so im just doing what i can to prepare myself, dont want any kiddies just yet but i can't help the way i feel.
So glad im on the pill lol =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->