Gossiping neighbours

xolily

Reaction score
One of my neighbours (friend of mam) stopped my mam up town and said she'd been told by another neighbour that my OH had been dragging me around the garden at 6 in the morning one day :| ! OH has never laid a hand on me (and is rarely out of bed before 11am let alone 6!) so i don't know where they've got it from.

how do i tackle this? i dont want the whole street thinking OH is a woman beater.. i felt as though even my mam didn't believe me when i said it wasnt true cos lots of victims of domestic violence hide it :/ i'm so peed off at the gossiping neighbour!

i spoke to the neighbour who told my mam and she's all "oh i told ur mam as i didnt want to knock on incase it made things worse, aslong as ur ok" ..it sounds like she thinks im sticking up for him too :|

How odd?! And how out of order! Your neighbour obviously believes what she told your mum?! Maybe she is seeing things lol xx

i would tell them it didnt happen. the other lady must have saw something.

i've told mams friend theres nothing in it and told her to tell the other neighbour to get facts straight before she starts gossiping but as i said, i just got the "aslong as ur ok" line.. like i was covering for him or something! x

All you can do is tell the gossips it wasnt you and if they dont believe you thats their problem. Dont let it annoy you :hugs:

That's awful! I hate gossip just for the sake of it. It always happens where I live too.

That's awful, but I know how you feel.... I had the police knock on the door a few years back now telling me that there had been reports that I had been thrown against a car by my drunken husband, and that they had heard a tonne of constant screaming and swearing coming from my house! The police were a bit dumb founded when I told them that my husband was at work driving a bus, and if he ever did that to me he'd have no bollox left! :haha:

Apparently, one of the neighbours (who hadn't lived here long) had seen this happening outside my house and decided it was me and my husband! I actually never heard a thing, and I have no idea if it was just someone walking past, or the neighbour (who I don't talk to) trying to cause some trouble!

Maybe try and see if you can find out where this all started and put them straight :hugs: xxx

Sorry I'm bit lost with this.. Did you and you're OH have an argument or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->