Got a bit of a shock yesterday UPDATE: They're here at 32+6!

Heramys

It's TWINS!!
Reaction score
At growth scan we found out the boy's placenta has a bad flow so he's now -22% in growth, which is as much they're allowing growth to differ. He is weighing 1500 grams (equivalent to 29+3) and she is normal at 1900 grams.
Now they're going to scan the placenta flow every 48 hrs from here on and next is tomorrow. If it gets any worse it will be delivery within 24 hrs.

I'm 32+0 today and I'm really looking for some experienced advice from other twin mummies who have been through this and preterm delivery as I'm scared beyond belief. I didn't expect this at all as all was fine at the 26 weeks scan. So quite shocked to be honest.

Any advice/experiences?

xx

Update: So they arrived with an emsec 14/10. Caitlin Nieve Cenita at 2040 grams and Jamie Aidan David at 1540 grams.
They both doing well but need tube feeding. Caitlin needs help with her breathing so she is intubated but hoping to get out of that today :)

My water broke in the morning before we even got to the ultrasound scan at 1pm yesterday. So they decided it was time. Arrived at 9 am and 3 hrs later they were here <3
The OB we were supposed to see at 1pm was the head surgeon and once they were out and I stitched up, she said "well I can now have a long lunch as my 1 o'clock appointment won't be there" LOL

xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 95
I had a 22% wright discordance but didn't know about it until delivery at 35+3. I don't have any advice. Good luck xxx

:hugs: no experience but I can't imagine how much you must be worrying! I really hope it all turns out ok! Will be thinking of you and your bubs!

I dont have any advice Heramys but I am stalking to see if others do. I wish you and the babies the very best. Silly me had to do the conversion because I am in the states and use pounds lol.

3.3Lbs and 4.1Lbs is what I calculated. I have seen alot of threads with great outcomes in that birth weight range. I am sure it will all be ok.

Sending my thoughts your way.

I've probably already told my story too many times here...:blush: but here we go again just in case it could be helpful. I delivered at 33+1 for a different problem. Twins weighed 3 lbs 14 oz and 3 lbs 4 oz. They spent some time in the NICU, but are now doing great. You've already made it a long way hun, even though no one wants to worry about delivering this early. If you are monitored closely, I bet the twins will stay safe. Praying for the best for all of you! Big hugs! :hugs:

I had to deliver my twins at 36+0 for the exact same thing. Twin A was 26% smaller then twin B and flow across her cord was restricted. So they delivered via C-section. My baby girl came out weighing 4 lbs 5 oz and my son was 5 lbs 8 oz. They did not require any NICU time at all and came home with us 4 days later. They're now 6 weeks old and growing fast and doing great. Try not to worry, I was a wreck as well but you've made it to 32 weeks and that is good for twins....everything should be fine. Good luck, will be thinking of you :)

It's that time! I've got to phone the delivery suite at 6.30am to go in for 7am to be induced. Can't wait to finally get these babies out :happydance: I think my body is finally done in now!

Last week's scan (36 week) showed that both girls are estimated to be just under 6lbs each, Twin A head down, Twin B had managed somehow to turn breech but it's not a problem.

So going for a normal delivery fingers crossed. Wish me luck for a good labour.

Cannot wait for the Cholestasis to be over with so there is no more itching! :thumbup:

xx

Hope your scan went ok Heramys? X
Good luck sugarplumbum, look forward to hearing your story.

Have no advice huni but just wanted to say good luck 32 weeks is okay and they will give you steroids I'm sure to help mature their lungs if they are to be delivered early.... How did your scan go today?? X

Good luck Sugarplum!! :)

Yes so we were in today for our second scan. The doc did an in depth flow scan and at least the boy's flow to his brain and internal organs is healthy.
Doctor said we are back on Friday and then getting a date for a C-sec next week some time. Also on Friday the neonatal doctors will meet up with us as well to inform us about coming procedures.

I'm so not prepared mentally for this yet but we will do a bit of shopping to get our heads around it more. So I'm guessing I will be a mum next week :wacko:
I wish I could feel excited but at the moment I'm more nervous if that make sense?

xx

Good luck Sugarplum!! :)

Yes so we were in today for our second scan. The doc did an in depth flow scan and at least the boy's flow to his brain and internal organs is healthy.
Doctor said we are back on Friday and then getting a date for a C-sec next week some time. Also on Friday the neonatal doctors will meet up with us as well to inform us about coming procedures.

I'm so not prepared mentally for this yet but we will do a bit of shopping to get our heads around it more. So I'm guessing I will be a mum next week :wacko:
I wish I could feel excited but at the moment I'm more nervous if that make sense?

xx

Totally understand your feelings I would be too.

Did the doctor say if the baby boy had grown anymore at all? Will they start you on steroids to prep their lungs?

They didn't check growth as its too soon after first scan. I'm not sure about the steroids actually. Over here there's a cut off somewhere around the time I'm in now but I'll guess that'll be discussed on Friday as well. Also I think if they do any steroids it'll be one dose just before delivery.

I'm just so very grateful we're getting birth at this hospital and in this country as they have such high result rate in comparison.
They think the girl will struggle more actually as she's not stressed at all but will be when taken out. The boy is already stressed and preparing to get out so he will be more on board with it apparently.

Me and hubby are keeping fingers and toes crossed they'll be adapting and recover quickly <3

And today is shopping time :D

xx

Heramys I am sure everything will be just fine ;) Enjoy your day of shopping!

You're right actually, my daughter was the reason why the twins needed to come out early secondary to her slower growth and restricted cord flow. My son was over a pound larger and doing fine in the womb but when they came out my daughter did great and my son had some minor issues with breathing. Regardless they were both fine after they spent a few days in the special nursery (no NICU time for either of them). You will do great and so will they! GOOD LUCK :)

So nice to hear they are doing great!

Had another scan today and no changes for the worse :thumbup: <our boy even wriggled so much she had problems measuring his blod flow :haha:
The NICU was overbooked with earlier babies that requiring more care than ours will so if this situation will be teh same next week, we might have to go to another hospital. Hoping not as I wouldn´t feel secure then.

Back on Monday for another scan and to see if we'll get a date then instead.

My twins were born at 31+6 due to PPROM and preterm labor...my little guy was 4lb3oz and my little girl was 3lb12oz. They were in the NICU for 4 weeks, but they had no trouble catching up. They just needed to grow and learn to eat...no breathing problems or anything else serious.

I hope everything goes great, I'm sure your babies will do just fine!

Good news that he's holding strong! I hope you get even better news at your next scan!

Congratulations! Must be a relief to know they are out safe. Wishing you all a speedy recovery x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->