Got a question for charters

Rei

Reaction score
Okay, here's a brief history real quick. I was on bc from august of last year till november of last year. December and January seemed like normal periods, February seemed like a normal month but ilght period. Both periods I got in march (as I seem to have a 26-28 day cycle) were so out of place and so light it's not even funny....especially my last one... Needless to say I poased just to be sure....evap...evaps are negative in my book so I moved on....However because my periods were so light and were getting shorter I figured I'd take up charting....

NOW for the charting question. the reason why i took up charting is because of the negative pregnancy test I had when my period first started...I figured "okay if I'm not pregnant, I'm probably not ovulating" now this thought SCARES me to death!....so I took up charting.....
I am on cd 14 in a 26-28 day cycle and I have had hardly any signs of ovulation...in fact....its going in a very pretty pattern. Are these temps too low for me to be pregnant OR am i just not ovulating?

Attachments

• 2df9f1.png
    2df9f1.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi, if you have a 26-28 day cycle you would expect to see ovulation around days 12-14, therefore a temperature rise after those days (ie. days 13/14/15). So far the variance in your temperatures is not very great - only between 36 and 36.3 celsius (apologies, I only work properly in celcius because thats the way I chart!), which I interpret as low, pre-ovulation temperatures. I for example, mostly range between 36.4 and 36.6 before ovulation and 36.7 to 36.9 after ovulation.

It is therefore very possible you haven't ovulated yet. I think a much clearer picture will emerge if you continue to chart to the end of your cycle when menstruation arrives.

Based on your symptoms it is possible you are having anovulatory cycles, but it is also very likely that you are experiencing lighter shorter periods due to hormonal fluctuation - is there anything that could be causing that? Weight loss or gain, stress or medication?

Were your Feburary and March periods late? With the March periods did you experience a beginning of bleeding then a stop and start again?

Doctors can test for ovulation if they suspect anovulation and it is well worth talking to them about it if it continues or you are very worried. But lots of women experience unsual bleeding for other reasons, so don't worry too much at this stage. :hugs:

Well the first march period was three days late. (very unusual) and was lighter and shorter...but I just figured I was having an off cycle. Then this last period was about one or two days late and only started with spotting (which I never had before) then the next night I started actually bleeding...this continued on into the next day...the third day it was brown blood and then the fourth day was just spotting again (I think that's how it went, I have to look at my journal again to see....but it was really wierd.
I usually have a seven day long period with heavy bleeding for days 2 and three.....

february was on time just lighter, but not light enough to make me question it.

Okay, having late periods can sometimes be indicative of anovulatory cycles because your luteal phase can extend itself more easily if it does not need to expel an old egg.

However, it is not proof positive of anovulation. Late and unusual periods can also be caused by stress (with or without ovulation) - and especially if you become worried about what is going on with your periods. It is very possible that when you started to be concerned about your period in Feburary, your stress levels increased and in turn your March cycle has been thrown off.

Have you experienced any other unusual symptoms during Feburary and March? Increased PMS sysmptoms than is usual for you, dizziness - that kind of thing? It would indicate a longer luteal phase and a build up of progesterone, causing your late, unusual periods. Also are you TTC at the moment or stressed about WTT?

I think it is unlikely to be pregnancy because your temps are low, pre-ovulation sort of temperatures. I also think at this stage it is hard to asses whether your unusual periods are caused by annovulation or other factors - I would carry on with charting, and see your doctor - especially if your April period is odd too. He/she will be able to asses you properly and do any appropriate tests. Even if it is caused by anovulation, this is usually not serious, and easily remedied, so the doctor will be able to set your mind at rest.

I didn't start wondering about my cycles till my last period which is what made me start charting. February was wierd, but not wierd enough for me to really put thought into it. the first march period (one at begining of march) seemed off...it was three days late but I contributed that to being promoted...the period was light and short....it wasn't until the 26-27 days of my last cycle that I started realizing that I was feeling somewhat like I did when I was on birth control (miserable, moody, snappy, nausea every now and again) and then I had a one day late extremely short period that happened at the end of march (note that if I start at the beginning of a month it's very possible for me to have a period at the end of the same month) that's when I started wondering.....
I didn't have as much pms as I normally do...has been like that with the last two cycles. Normally on in bed and quite literally unable to get up the next day with cramps, I'm moody I'm stressed...not a fun person to be around....HOWEVER one symptoms I have never had as a pms symptom is sore boobs. I had that 24/7 when I was on birth control and then it stopped as soon as I got off of it and didn't show up again till my last cycle (which is why I thought I was pregnant) and it's like my moodiness and sore boobs never went away......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->