Got a really bad cold... out of breath?!

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For the past 2 days I have had the worst cold ever, I think the last time I felt this bad was when I was about 9!!!

Completely tired
Nose completely blocked
Head feels like someone has hit me with a frying pan 10 times
Sneezing and blowing my nose a million times a day

But my question is, did anyone have a bad cold and be completely breathless???

.... Maybe its because I cant breath through my nose that its more difficult, but it really feels like I have to breath very deeply to get enough air.

Also, what has everyone been using to help breath - for example, can we use Vicks / Olbas Oil in pregnancy?!

:hug: to all :)

I think vicks is a no no, but olbas ok. I've been using it for the last 2 weeks, as like you, i've got the worse cold and cough ever which is making it really hard to breathe....hope you get better soon, i have complete sympathy with you!

Hi! I am dealing w/ a very nasty cold right now as well. I have the exact same symptoms. Unfortunately pg women can't take meds as we normally would. Vicks is a no no. But my moms a nurse and came over last night w/ saline water drops for my nose. She also had me put a towel over my head breathing in VERY hot water which helped break up the congestion. I hope you feel better.

I think vicks is a no no, but olbas ok. I've been using it for the last 2 weeks, as like you, i've got the worse cold and cough ever which is making it really hard to breathe....hope you get better soon, i have complete sympathy with you!

Im so sorry you feel the same, it is horrible!!!!!

Yes breathing is the difficulty :(

Hope you get better soon too, sending 'healthy' vibes your way ;):hug:

Hi! I am dealing w/ a very nasty cold right now as well. I have the exact same symptoms. Unfortunately pg women can't take meds as we normally would. Vicks is a no no. But my moms a nurse and came over last night w/ saline water drops for my nose. She also had me put a towel over my head breathing in VERY hot water which helped break up the congestion. I hope you feel better.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to try the 'steaming' ;)

I hope you feel better soon, its terrible feeling like this... sending 'healthy' vibes to you :hug:

hope u feel better tomorrow, just try and stay in bed and sweat itout xx

I've also got a serious cold at the moment I feel so awful. I rang the NHS helpline this morning to find out what we can take and I was told vicks is fine???

hope u feel better tomorrow, just try and stay in bed and sweat itout xx
Exactly what I am doing :) Feeling a bit better now, still off work though... Thanks for your message :) :hug:

I've also got a serious cold at the moment I feel so awful. I rang the NHS helpline this morning to find out what we can take and I was told vicks is fine???

I did check some things online too and they are saying a no no to Vicks... Hope you feel better!!!:hug:

I checked on their website and it says 'If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use' which I did and they said it was fine. I posted in the second tri as well and people have been using it in there. Just remembered there are loads of vicks products, i've being using vapor rub.

Hope you feel better soon too xx

I've been feeling this exact same way but have no idea what's ok to take!

You can really only have paracetamol (sp) to try and relieve the symptoms, I was told I could use vicks vapour rub as well but thats it. Just got to sweat it out, i've never been so ill with a cold in my life!!

hope your all feeling a bit better now, I am 1 week further and still not 100%

Hugs and healthy thoughts to u all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back