Got a reply back from Coronation Street!

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
Regarding the Tracey Barlow storyline

Dear Ms Chapman,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Coronation Street to express your concern about the episode in which Tracy causes herself to miscarry the twins and I’m very sorry to read we have caused you distress.
Coronation Street has a reputation for the realism of its drama, which is one of the reasons it’s so popular with its viewers. This means that sometimes difficult and painful issues are addressed however we are careful to handle them in what we believe to be a sensitive and sympathetic manner within the constraints of the characters behaviour in extremely stressful and emotional circumstances.
We limited what the viewer saw to what was absolutely necessary to tell the story and were prudent to stay within the requirements of the Broadcast Code, which we must honour, as to what may be said and shown before the watershed. Notwithstanding, we have taken your comments on board and please once again please accept our sincere apologies for any distress we have caused you. If you would like to take this matter further you can contact our governing regulatory body Ofcom at 2a Riverside House, Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 9HA.
Yours with Best Wishes,
David Nugent, Coronation Street.

Did you ask about the fact she had no bump and didn't deliver them and was out of hospital straight away? Very realistic..!

Sorry, I am lol-ing at the claim to realism :dohh:

Maybe we should take it up with ofcom?they weren't true to life at all!xx

Tracey Barlow was 5 months pregnant with twins,fell down some stairs,lost the babies,was let out the same day..no birth nothing.xx

They researched that storyline well then :rolleyes: Pretty insensitive of them, especially if she did it on purpose. I know she's a heinous character but I think that's taking it a bit far with her character :wacko:

I thought she lost the twins and THEN threw herself down the stairs??? She lost the twins due to miscarry whilst looking for Steve at the hotel??

Confused!

X

She did,but it was a matter of days,and would still have had to give birth.xx

yea she already lost the twins wen she was running round panicking about becky and steve in the hotel then she went to beckys flat and thru herself down the stairs and said becky down it thats why her mum was so upset that she had said it

but i also dont understand why at 5 months with twins she had no bump am 19 weeks with 1 and have a bigger bump than she did

The response says they showed enough to convey the story taking into account the sensitivity of the subject, and staying within the restraints of the broadcasting code.

I think there would have been far more complaints about insensitivity/upset/offence from a far wider section of society had they shown her giving birth to dead babies.

Ahhh right, I'm with u.

Yeah i agree it was a pretty rubbish story line...I said to OH you wouldn't just suddenly go owwww surely it would come on over time? Same with Katie when she went into labour aswell, yes it can happen that fast but very rarely!!

X

I don't see the problem personally.

At the end of the day what soap gets things perfect?
And also they miss lots of bits out of soaps that we could say 'why didn't this happen'..they just don't show it.

The EE baby storyline NOW that yes deffo can agree with complaints to that one!

Bunch of BS, they did the same with Maria but they showed her in labour and we saw her son, so what's different to Tracey :roll:

V xxx

Bunch of BS, they did the same with Maria but they showed her in labour and we saw her son, so what's different to Tracey :roll:

V xxx

I suppose it wasn't convenient enough and they wanted to show Becky trapped in the fire instead.

I think there should be some recognition of the babies and their birth. Even if they didn't show it, there would be more than her just walking out of hospital and leaving it at that!

Surely they would have been offered a funeral for the babies at 5 months pregnant?I can't imagine Steve just saying,yep,no problem!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->