Got a reply back from Coronation Street!

I jst read in a tv mag it turns out she hasn't lost her twins she jst donst no it yet x

The response says they showed enough to convey the story taking into account the sensitivity of the subject, and staying within the restraints of the broadcasting code.

I think there would have been far more complaints about insensitivity/upset/offence from a far wider section of society had they shown her giving birth to dead babies.

I second this. No soap will ever get everything right or please everyone with its story lines.

Like another poster said, I think there would of been more uproar at seeing Tracey give birth to twins who weren't going to make it.

But maybe if tracey had been off screen for a few days,it may have been believeable,and corrie,as another poster said showed the birth of Maria's son.xx

The response says they showed enough to convey the story taking into account the sensitivity of the subject, and staying within the restraints of the broadcasting code.

I think there would have been far more complaints about insensitivity/upset/offence from a far wider section of society had they shown her giving birth to dead babies.

I agree with this ^^^ and the letter from coronation street......

i didnt show when i was pregnant for ages and suddenly got huge and tracey was 20 weeks pregnant, i'm not 100% sure but before 24 weeks isnt it classed as a miscarriage but after 24 weeks its class as stillborn ....so they wouldnt offer or neccessarily have a funeral if it was before 24 weeks...............?????

I jst read in a tv mag it turns out she hasn't lost her twins she jst donst no it yet x

Are you serious???

V xxx

Not really followed this as it was annoying me but what?? why would she get told shed lost the babies the she hasnt? how would she not know? wouldnt they be kicking by now or something? Soaps just annoy me so I dont watch them anymore cos their so unbelievable :nope:

Surely they would of confirmed a miscarriage via a scan aswell and like someone else said she would have to give birth to the babies???

Storyline gets worse!!

X

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Coronation Street .

I can fully appreciate your concerns over the medical accuracy in Coronation Street and I will of course forward these on to both our Producer and Researcher and I apologise for any anxiety we caused you by these scenes. When producing episodes of Coronation Street we have to deliberate how we are going to match the requirements of the storyline and character portrayal against the responsibility of accuracy. While we do consult the local medical authority for advice on all medical stories, we remain aware that individual cases differ. We cannot give so much information that Coronation Street stops becoming a serial drama, which it is, and becomes a drama-documentary programme, which it makes no pretence to be. The vast majority of our viewers accepts this dramatic veracity and do not want or expect absolute accuracy. Notwithstanding we have taken your comments onboard regarding the way we filmed the Tracy miscarriage story and do hope this does not spoil your future enjoyment and engagement with our production.

If you would like to take this matter further you can contact our governing regulatory body, Ofcom at Riverside House, 2a Southwark Bridge Road , London , SE1 9HA . Once again thank you for your e-mail and I do hope that Coronation Street continues to engage you with its drama for many more years.

Yours with Best Wishes, David Nugent

Coronation Street.

Here's my reply from the lovely David. Is it the exact same? I'm too lazy to read them both lol xx

I feel the same and agree with that letter also ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if however tracey hasnt really lost the babies then thats obviously very unrealistic but its still a soap after all x

i was slightly offended (even though I have no right to be really) that they kept referring to it as a miscarriage.

At least they replied hon, better than Eastenders over the baby swap story :( xx

Oh its so sad how far behind we Canadians are.
Steve and Tracy havent even done the deed yet here! He & Becky have just split!

I'm glad people complained about this I meant to but never got round to it, it really annoyed me this storyline, I think if they can't show it properly or anywhere near realistic then they shouldn't have ran the storyline it's an absolute joke.

i was slightly offended (even though I have no right to be really) that they kept referring to it as a miscarriage.

At least they replied hon, better than Eastenders over the baby swap story :( xx

Up until 24 weeks a loss is a miscarriage hun.

Although I think the storyline hasn't been very well thought out ie; Tracey doesn't seem that upset, no mention of burials, which even though it would be a mc you can choose to cremate/bury the babies. Not really a bump etc etc. I think either way they wouldn't be able to win because I know alot of people would of been upset if they had seen her give birth to dead twins.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"