Got a row from the doctor....

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
...and I deserved it. I suffered chronic cholecystitis after having Isabella and ended up getting my gallbladder out. Since then I've suffered the same pain so have DHC and naproxen here for the attacks. I just realised that two weeks ago I took 8 DHC one day then 6 the next plus 4 naproxen (a really strong NSAID's) as well as paracetamol and buscopan. I got an urgent appointment and doctor really told me off. I think I'm about 5 1/2 weeks but didn't know at the time I was pregnant. Whst if I've hurt my baby. What an idiot!!!!

Oops. I understand why your doctor gave you a telling off, they really don't want to take ANY risks with your baby.

However for the sake of your sanity please try to remember that these drugs don't exactly cause immediate harm to the baby. It's not like taking a pill is the same as punching the baby in the nose, it's not a cause and effect thing. What it does is increase the risk of there being complications/problems. There is ALWAYS a risk though even if you lived in a perfect utopia and ate perfect food for 9 months. And just like a lot of things statistical there is a larger number of people that are absolutely fine than had problems.

So statistically you've probably raised your risk from 0.1%, to like 0.1000000000002. Don't take the drugs any more and you don't add any more risk. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->