Got GTT tomorrow scared

Purplehippo

Reaction score
Tomorrow I have my GTT, scan and consultant and I'm really scared about GTT as so many people have adverse effects :cry: I hate being sick or passing out and I'm really freaked out at the thought.

Also my GTT is 9.15 and scan at 9.25 so going to be full of water before I have drink :cry:

It really isn't at all bad! I had mine yesterday and it was totally fine :)

I've got mine on Monday. Not looking forward to it at all, although that's cause I have to fast rather than the drink!!! I don't tend to throw up very often (morning sickness excluded!!) so the drink part isnt a problem.

The one good thing is that my mum is taking me, then were going out for lunch afterwards :)

Can you tell my appetite is soaring :haha:

I had to fast then have the drink

Mines the fasting one too, Sarahdisco we are planning to do that too as long as everything goes ok with all the different things :thumbup:

I didn't mind it. I only had to fast between 10 pm at night and had the drink at 10am, could eat from midday so only really missed one meal. Glucose drink was fine too, just thick lucozade

I'm the biggest wimp with needles but managed mine fine. The worry leading up to it is always the worst part hun, you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about afterwards! Just explain how you're feeling to whoever is doing the test and they'll be gentle and go at your own pace. Just keep the scan in mind and something nice to eat when it's all done! x

With mine I had to fast from the night before and my appoitment wasn't until 10.45! I thought I would starve :haha: but was fine. With mine I was supposed to take my own lucozade, but my ever competent midwife didn't tell me, so I didn't. Luckily a lovely nurse there had some or I would have had to drink the...glucola! Bleurh. Anyway, the lady gave me a jug of lucozade and a little cup, told me to finish it within 10 mins and sent me on my way with instructions to be back in 2 hours for blood tests, I also had my blood taken prior to drinking the lucozade.
I HATE fizzy drinks, especially lucozade. I had my gall bladder removed a couple of years ago and am very sensitive to things like that, but it wasn't so bad, I threw it back and sat playing candy crush saga and watching videos on my OH's tablet with him in the waiting room, lol.
Didn't feel any adverse affects, went back, had bloods taken, went home and pigged out!
It was fine, I think a lot of people go to their gtt with the horror stories in their head, I know I did, and expect it to be bad, but honestly for me it wasn't!
I called for my results yesterday and I am gd free, woo!
Try not to be anxious, I think this just makes you feel worse while you're there! If you do throw up make sure you let them know asap because you'll have to retake the test.

xx

mine was fasting as well. i was fine. i had coke and cake to celebrate I didn't have it :rofl:

I had mine yesterday and all was good :) the drink wasnt as bad as i thought so was nice to have sumthing with flavour since i had only had water.

got results today and all clear too :)x

I've had mine this morn & it was fine.the drink was actually quite nice n I wasn't that hungry during the 2 hour wait.

Shoved a macdonalds in my face as soon as I could tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->