Got my angel's autopsy report - so upset - UPDATE

After losing my little boy at 14 weeks in February I finally got to go in and meet with the genetic doctor and counselor. It was awful.

My son was diagnosed with a severely enlarged bladder at my nt u/s and neither kidney looked functional. He also didn't have a nasal bone and his nt measurement was high at 2.6. He passed away a week later.

The autopsy showed he also had a serious heart condition and a problem with his left lung, so the doctor said it looks not like a random occurance but a genetic syndrome. Only they don't know what kind as it doesn't fit the parameters of any known syndrome and it can't be a chromosome problem because his chromosomes were normal. Since they know nothing, the doctor has given us up to a 25% chance of reoccurance.

Now I'm scared to death for this baby even though we had a detailed anatomy scan done at 12 weeks and everything looked perfect because the doctor made me feel like this pregnancy (and any future pregnancy) is doomed.

The doctor even said all we can do to diagnose this "syndrome" is wait and see if I end up having multiple pregnancies with abnormalities. Then he asked how I was feeling and when I said I was scared he said "oh, how come?" Are you freaking kidding me!?!?

He is doing a level 2 ultrasound in a month. I honestly don't get what the point of scaring me to death and leaving me to stew about it for an entire month is when there's nothing I can do anyway.

So stressed out and upset. :cry:

Sorry for your lost. I guess the doctor is just sharing the possibilities but should have consider your feeling. I had the same feeling that sometimes doc can be a little insensitive as they see this kind of situation as normal and they have seem mc alot of times.. The last time i had my mc.. the doc keep asking me is it really my 1st mc etc.. i was quite piss..

But lets pray hard together that everything is fine..

Just had our level 2 ultrasound / fetal echocardiogram - this time Baby's kidneys, bladder, heart and everything else look absolutely perfect - thank God.

We were supposed to meet with the doctor that traumatized me after our ultrasound, but after he reviewed the results he cancelled our appointment and just sent the genetic counselor in to reiterate that everything looks perfect.

So happy and so relieved!!! :dance:

Great news, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back