Got my BFP but very scared

brummiegirl

Reaction score
Well on Sunday i took a pregnancy test and it came up positive. Hubby and i are very happy about that as we planned to try once my son turned 1 as for my son it took nearly 3 years and ended up conceiving on clomid. However for the last 2 weeks i have been spotting a brown discharge which when it first started i thought it was a period but because it has gone on so long and it stayed brown i decided to do a test, i also had a chest x ray at hospital 3 weeks ago for an infection and i told them i was late and trying and now wish i had asked them to test me. I went to A/E on Sunday night as the spotting to me seemed to get worse. They said i had a threatened miscarriage and to rest so i am off work this week. They booked me in to an early scan for Friday 18 november but i was so worried i booked an early scan for Tuesday just gone. It showed that i am 5 weeks and 4 days and a heartbeat of 102bpm. I was very happy but still so scared as im still spotting. The doctor said it can be normal in pregnancy but it doesnt put my mind at rest. I have also been on google reading horror stories and scaring myself silly. Im still going to my scan tomorrow but cant seem to put my mind at ease. Im thinking if the spotting continues to stay off work longer. I feel so sick and every little cramp and pain. Imso scared of things going wrong as dont think i could cope as i lost my aunt in February, my dear dad in May and my nan in August. I asked my dad to keep my baby safe before i had my scan so i like to think he did. Sorry to waffle just needing to vent my worries really. Hope everyone is having happy and healthy pregnancies.

Oh hun, google is a very bad place huh?! I wish you every bit of luck for tomorrow, although i'm sure you won't need it! xx

Just popping on to say I had spotting early too.. from about week 5 till week 7 or there abouts. My bubs is just fine :)

I've had spotting and gushing blood during a pregnancy. Had my little one last november 8 lbs12oz. All was well. Try not to torture yourself. Read positive threads.

Please please stay off GOOGLE its pure evil when looking up things like this, you only ever hear the bad stories.

I had bleeding wheni was 6/7 weeks and also had an early scan and all was ok. Im sure all your relitives are up there guarding you little bean. Good Luck H 7 H 9 months

please try and relax until your scan ! I had some brown spotting wks 7-8 (right around the time I had had a mc two years ago) and even a gush of red, and was convinced mc again; am 25wks today -- so sometimes the horror stores on google are just horror stories...

best wishes (and congratulations!)

I agree with Google being evil. There are a lot of people out there who like to scare the crap out of others, and that's particularly easy when we're pregnant.

I had an x-ray early on in pregnancy, too, and it really scared me, but everything was still perfect. It isn't a given that an x-ray will hurt the baby - people get them all the time before finding out they're pregnant.

I'm hoping for the best for you. Whatever will be, will be, but three weeks ago, there wasn't even a baby in there - just a microscopic egg that hadn't even implanted yet. Since your baby has obviously grown and developed since then, I'm sure the rays had no effect on it or you would've had a chemical pregnancy and not a baby with a heartbeat.

By the way, it's amazing that you were able to see a heartbeat so soon!!! My doctor had to assure me before taking our first look at my baby because many babies don't have a heartbeat until 7 weeks along! So, I think that's a great sign!!! I'm still keeping you and your baby in my thoughts.

Google can be very evil. Honestly you can't trust everything you see on there. People are very dishonest and will try to say stuff to scare people silly. I've just learned to stop using google and learned to just commit to this site as it is helping me out a great deal. I wish all the best for you. Just relax that's the best thing to do

Thankyou all so much for all your lovely positive replies. I'm not going to google anymore, my husband has banned me as well! When are you all due? By the scan i had on Tuesday I was given a due date of July 15th but may be a little earlier as will probably need another c section. That was another thing i was worried about, my last cycle was 4th September so i thought i was further along than i am but my cycles have never been regular and only stopped breast feeding my son just over a months ago so i am thinking along the lines of my body still settling down and i probably ovulated later. Hopefully its that anyway. Hoping everyone else is well in their pregnancies.

im due 17th of June, but i havent had my first propper scan yet. i had a san at 6 7 weeks which put me back to 6 weeks at the early pregnancy uniit so hopfully baby will have caught up with the dates now.

im due 17th of June, but i havent had my first propper scan yet. i had a san at 6 7 weeks which put me back to 6 weeks at the early pregnancy uniit so hopfully baby will have caught up with the dates now.

Good luck with your scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->