Got my first betas today...what do you think?

co_fostermom

Expecting Baby #2
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Got my first positive on Mother's Day and my blood test today. My levels were at 62.97. The nurse said they like to see the levels at above 50 based on where I am in my cycle, but with my first pregnancy, which ended in MC at 5+5 my first beta was at 181 at the same point in my cycle.

Anyone have similar betas to mine today and everything turn out fine?

Are they going to a repeat test? When I had my levels checked my first was 248 and when I asked my RE if it was good I was told that it doesn't really matter what the first number is and they had to see what my second number was to see if it was doubling. So, 48 hours later I had another blood draw and my level went up to 932, so more than doubling... of course then I was worried that they were too high, but my RE says everything is OK.

From everything I read the doubling is what is important, not just the first number. You're within the range, so that's good. Maybe see if your dr can do another test to make sure they are doubling and help put your mind at ease.

agree with above poster its the doubling that counts not the original figure.

Not got much experience with HCG levels because they do not do those bloodtests here in the UK.
But I wud go with what the other ladies said hon. It will be the next number that counts. I really hope and pray u have a very healthy pregnancy hon and a healthy baby. I'm really rooting for you because I know its took so long for you to get here.
I'm sure if the nurse said its fine then it's fine. Sounds like a good number to me. Good luck sweety

Hi hun with my hcg levels this pregnancy inwas 6 weeks and my levels were 5000, they said it looked good but couldnt base it on anything other than what the repeat bloods said! Sure enough they doubled I think that's what they look out for rather than the standalone figure

Try not to worry hun. Like the ladies have said it's if the hcg is doubling nicely that matters. Are you having more bloods? We have them 48hrs apart in UK usually. Mine were 15 on Wednesday and then 91 on Friday xx

I know it's hard, but I'd try and trust the professionals. If they say pregnancies make it with values of 50+ at this stage, they're not saying it to make you feel better. They're saying it because that's what the science tells them. <3

I mean, you could obsessively pee on sticks like I'm doing. I'm not sure it's made me less anxious ;) but it keeps me busy.

Thanks everyone! Normally my doctor would do a second blood draw 48 hours after the first but mine would have ended up on a Saturday. They have one clinic open on Saturdays but the nurse didn't even offer that so my guess is they reserve those hours for day 3 patients and people with more pressing needs. Anyway, my second blood draw will be tomorrow.

I do appreciate the words about it's the doubling that matters and not the first number alone. For whatever reason that helps a lot!

JD I've been poas every day b/c I like watching the progression and there definitely has been progression so hopefully everything is in order!

As long as your tests are progressing you know the numbers are rising:) goodluck

If ure tests are progressing hon that means the HCG is going up.
I peed on many many sticks because of my previous Misscariges I wanted to make sure the line was getting darker and not lighter.
I bet at ure next blood draw ure numbers wud of doubled or tripled.
Really rooting for you momma <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->