Got my hopes up

Greta

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm feeling down today. Like everyone on here, I so desperately want a baby and this month I really got my hopes up. My cycles are 26 to 28 days and yesterday I got to the end of day 29 and although was having quite bad cramps and bbs were not sore I did start to get excited. Even thought about the joy of doing a test with OH. But AF arrived in the evening.

We've been ttc for 18 months and are to start IVF in January. I am 40 so it only has a 15% chance of success. My sis in law is pregnant and so Christmas will be hard I think. I find it a struggle to stay positive and today got up late and yesterday my work suffered. But I HAVE to be positive, I know that. So tomorrow, will get back into yoga and swiming and will look into finding a Buddhist centre for meditation. I understand feeling down can harm pregnancy chances too. What other ways do people find to stay positive? Thanks for listening, Greta. x

hi Gretna, Sorry to hear the evil witch turned up, I know how heartbreaking it can be, we've been ttc for 14 months and everytime I get my hopes up but with no joy so far, the only way I've found of staying positive is to write everything down in a journal, I feel that getting everything off my chest no matter how awful or nasty or even heartbreaking it helps , once its all written down the next page is my fresh start with a "today Im going to focus on........................" at the top and I write what Im going to focus on ie, Im going to focus on..... working twice as hard at work today as I daydreamed all day yesterday.....

Thats how i cope anyway :)

xx

hey never give up hope my mum fell pregnant with my little sister at 40
xxx

Hi Greta

I know it's a bit of a cliche but I know how you feel - as do all the lovely ladies on B&B. It's a real rollercoaster and increasingly hard to pick yourself up and think positive.

18 months mights not be that long - I'm sure I read somewhere that for us ladies over 30 the average time to conceive can be 3 years.

Yoga is great, I do that too, but the thing I've found most helpful recently is talking. Talking to someone who is also TTC and knows what you're going through is really therapeutic. I've found out recently that a good friend is further on in the TTC journey than me and it was great to confide in someone who's also been through it.

If you don't know anyone, The Infertility Network runs support groups all over the country. Check out their website for info.

Hope this helps :hugs:

Hi

have you tried acupucture, i have been doing it for the last month ans it has really helped. My FSH has halved in 1 month and i feel so much better, relaxed and positive
Maybe think about it x

Hi thanks for that. I have been have been having it but only about two or three times a month. I like the lady but she talks to me the whole time - it's not that relaxing.. should I change acupunturists or stick with her? x

hi i am sorry u feel down... It is hard, think twice my 25-28 day cycle got to 30days no af...i was soo excited both times, pg tested+negative (think thats just as bad as af turning up) now my af tends to turn up bang on time or early... :( vent on here an talk to us, we all understand the pain. Good luck x x an sumtimes a good cry helps let out all the stress + feel bit better afterward x x

Thanks everyone. I feel a bit better today and went swimming. Exercise seems to really help. I'm just going to focus on IVF for January now and getting as fit as possible. I'm going to look at it as a two-year plan.

:dust: To us all. xxx

Chin up Greta!! A friend of mine got pg twice on ivf after 40 so i wouldnt stake too much on statistics, hun. And another friend recounted how a friend of hers had loads of IVF, all failed , and then she gave up, woke up one morning some time later and found out she was naturally pg - at 45!! Its just numbers, just numbers...

Also, im gonna be 40 in less than 3 months, gulp, lol! :)

All the best,
Omi xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"